“Lovely place, great hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chy-an-Mor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
Chy-an-Mor
Ranked #4 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
England
“Lovely place, great hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Chy-an-Mor for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay. We were warmly greeted by Louise and enjoyed some lovely tea and muffins in the sunny garden! Louise was also very thoughtful and managed to keep us in the same room for the whole 3 nights, as when I was making a booking I may have needed to stay in the queen room and for 1 night and the king room for 2 nights but she sorted out the logistics so a BIG THANK YOU for that!!

We stayed in room 3 and it had a lovely sea view. The room was nicely furnished, but the shower room was a bit of a tight squeeze. There's parking right outside which is handy. The breakfast is great and my favorite was definitely the salmon and scrambled eggs with clotted cream muffin! Wow best scrambled eggs EVER! cooked just perfect and was lovely and moist! Thanks Richard!

The only reason that I didn't give Chy-an-Mor an excellent rating was that as the room is situated on the upper ground floor, I did hear people coming in and out of the front doors, but to be fair, there are notices asking guests to try and not slam the doors and I am a light sleeper so it did affect my sleep slightly.

Overall I think Chy-an-Mor is an excellent B&B to stay in and what makes this place special is all the little touches that Louise and Richard put in. Also Louise please don't stop baking your lovely muffins! I assure you there are people who really appreciate them! (like me! hehe) I definitely wouldn't hesitate to stay here again but I'll try and book a room on the upper floors next time. My only concern is that Chy-an-Mor may get too popular for us to book next time as it's such a lovely place to stay!

1 Thank Ichibo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Bristol, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at Chy-an-Mor before and after our trip to the Isles of Scilly as it is an excellent location for catching the ferry. The rooms were small but we had a sea view on our first night and they are clean and tastefully decorated. The breakfast was home cooked and delicious and both Louise and Richard very warm and welcoming. They even allowed us to leave our bags as our train home didn't leave until late afternoon. We would definitely stay here again!

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Louise & Richard, a big thank you for all your effort to make my husband's birthday special. We loved the B&B and it was wonderful to see a young couple 'live the dream' and run a very successful business. After a visit to the stunning Minack theatre for an afternoon show, which was brilliant, thank you for recommending The Bakehouse for the evening birthday meal, it was also run by a young couple and it was an excellent choice. Having you as a base in Penzance was perfect for us to visit nearby places of St Michael's Mount, Mousehole, Newlyn and we even took a 20 minute flight on a 10 seater plane to St Marys on the Isles of Scilly where we manage to also see Tresco before returning by boat (2 1/2 hours) so best of both worlds. All in all a sunny & memorable trip for us especially the very comfortable Chy an Mor (which I understand means House of Sea in Cornish - very aptly named as you overlook the sea). THANK YOU.
Linda & Howard Evans ( West Sussex)

Room Tip: We stayed at the top of this lovely regency house in room 9 which had a sea view
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were going to a wedding in St Ives but thought we'd go down a day earlier and found Chy-an-Mor on the web. We only stayed the one night, 9 August 2013, but nevertheless we felt as if we were there for the week - and wished we had been!

Room was spotless, extremely comfortable and breakfast was out of this world!
Hope to return soon!

Maple Ridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

There really isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said. We arrived in mid afternoon and Louise had the tea and sweets ready on the front patio before we could take in our luggage. Our room was spotless, well furnished and as a bonus had a beautiful view out over the water. The home is well back from the main road so road noise is of no concern. When we arrived down for breakfast our first morning we were greeted by music from a CD of Michael Buble (Louise knew we were from Canada!!). What struck me most was the very professional approach that Richard and Louise take to running this B&B but at the same time providing that very personal approach that is so important to a pleasant stay in a B&B. We spent 12 weeks touring the U.K. and staying in B&B's and none were better than Chy-an-mor!!!!!! Oh, and did I mention.....there is lots of parking for your car!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rick W
Bere Ferrers, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I spent just one night here en route to the Scilly Isles. The whole stay was excellent. A warm welcome from Louise, who took time to tell me about the place and tell me the best options for an evening meal -she was absolutely right! The room (courtyard view) was immaculate with great attention to detail, as were the lounge and common areas. There was a feeling of luxury and quality throughout. There was an good choice of breakfasts. The full English looked tempting but with my forthcoming trip on the Scillonian, I had a delicious granola with summer fruits instead! Chy-an-Mor is thoroughly recommended and I will visit again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kristiansund, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I can highly recommend Chy-an-mor guesthouse! Nice comfy rooms, slept good in the beds and the staff was very welcoming. The only con was the weather, rainy days made the room feel a bit humid.

Nice and quiet area of Pencanze. Breakfast was top notch!