“Amazing!!”
Review of Chy-an-Mor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
Chy-an-Mor
Ranked #1 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were going to a wedding in St Ives but thought we'd go down a day earlier and found Chy-an-Mor on the web. We only stayed the one night, 9 August 2013, but nevertheless we felt as if we were there for the week - and wished we had been!

Room was spotless, extremely comfortable and breakfast was out of this world!
Hope to return soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

There really isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said. We arrived in mid afternoon and Louise had the tea and sweets ready on the front patio before we could take in our luggage. Our room was spotless, well furnished and as a bonus had a beautiful view out over the water. The home is well back from the main road so road noise is of no concern. When we arrived down for breakfast our first morning we were greeted by music from a CD of Michael Buble (Louise knew we were from Canada!!). What struck me most was the very professional approach that Richard and Louise take to running this B&B but at the same time providing that very personal approach that is so important to a pleasant stay in a B&B. We spent 12 weeks touring the U.K. and staying in B&B's and none were better than Chy-an-mor!!!!!! Oh, and did I mention.....there is lots of parking for your car!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick W
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I spent just one night here en route to the Scilly Isles. The whole stay was excellent. A warm welcome from Louise, who took time to tell me about the place and tell me the best options for an evening meal -she was absolutely right! The room (courtyard view) was immaculate with great attention to detail, as were the lounge and common areas. There was a feeling of luxury and quality throughout. There was an good choice of breakfasts. The full English looked tempting but with my forthcoming trip on the Scillonian, I had a delicious granola with summer fruits instead! Chy-an-Mor is thoroughly recommended and I will visit again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I can highly recommend Chy-an-mor guesthouse! Nice comfy rooms, slept good in the beds and the staff was very welcoming. The only con was the weather, rainy days made the room feel a bit humid.

Nice and quiet area of Pencanze. Breakfast was top notch!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My partner booked a surprise trip to Cornwall for me for my 30th birthday. He chose this B&B based on previous reviews and we were not disappointed! The B&B has an elegance about it, it is a really smart place. We received a lovely warm welcome from Louise who showed us to the room my partner had booked - top floor sea view (room no.10). The room was bright and spacious, and came with a window seat complete with binoculars! It was great waking up in the morning and looking out to sea! The room also came with a flat screen TV, lovely toiletries in our en-suite, bathrobes, hairdryer, biscuits and plenty of tea, coffee and milk - everything you need for a comfortable stay. Breakfast was delicious, the heart-shaped fried eggs were my favourite!

My partner had booked Cornwall as I'd previously mentioned to him that I was dying to see a shark in the wild (I love them)! So he booked a boat trip where we were lucky enough to see three basking sharks! As if I wasn't already on a high at this point walking from the boat back to the B&B, we got back to our room and there we found a birthday card and some flowers from the owners! Well I was almost in tears, I felt so spoilt! It's these little touches that really make your stay. And it turned out that the owners actually knew the people who ran the boat trips (Marine Discovery) so they were very interested to hear all about our trip when we got back.

We had a great time and didn't want to leave. If you're heading to Cornwall and want to stay somewhere with a bit of class, then look no further!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have just spent a couple of nights in Penzance staying at Chy-an-Mor. What a lovely place to stay - the couple who run it are lovely and it felt more like staying with friends than as paying guests. Everything is scrupulously clean and the breakfasts first rate. Highly recommended and thank you for a lovely stay - I hope we'll be back...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Everyone has all the superlative things at need saying, so make up your mind and book now into this superb guest house. the whole house was clean and bright, our room at the top had mugs and a teapot. That lady knew about proper cups of tea first thing in the morning!

Room Tip: Top floor front. Okay that's more stairs but think of the breakfast you need to burn off, and th...