“Regular”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Regular”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Good cappuccino, good to excellent food, friendly, good location, easy parking. One of the best places in Penzance, so I'm a regular...

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“great grub”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

down with the brothers fishing (as usual) and we have eaten here before so knew we had to book as it fills up very quickly of an evening which is an indication of how good the food is and it didn't dissapoint
we all ahd different dishes and everyone was spot on
will probably have another evening here before we go home

• Visited July 2014
Essex
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We were on our way to the Minack Theatre and had 90 mins to get food. We were 20 mins before this restaurant was due to open for evening service but the owner told us that was not a problem & we could sit & order.
Very accommodating & prompt to take our order.
3 of us for dinner, 2 starters for scallops 1 for pate. I like to think I can cook ok & I have the say the scallops were perfect. The dressing was very tasty for the salad.
Mains were steak & chips, fish pie & I had the steak burger. Absolutely delicious & filling for all 3 of us.
I don't normally have a dessert, (always watching what I eat) but as everything had been so nice I went for treacle tart. Again, truly scrumptious.
It was £75 for 2 two course meals & one 3 course. (Including 1 glass of wine, one coke & 1 blackcurrant squash). Complimentary water was also provided.
An excellent meal, fantastic food & good service at a reasonable cost.
The best meal of this holiday.
It's a good job I don't live nearby or else I would have to buy new clothes!

Penzance, United Kingdom
“Consistent”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Visited again for dinner twice within one week in July and both meals were outstanding as usual. Last week I had a spot on fillet of turbot that came with a tasty risotto - a dinner that was second to none. Yesterday I was tempted to try the Cornish steak which was out of this world - not to mention the perfect hearty mash and a perfectly filled beef tomato. The starters and puddings were phantastic, too. Sally, Tim and their team have been serving food at the highest of standards and it is good to see this kind of consistent quality you can rely on. The service and friendliness of both proprietors and staff cannot be praised highly enough. Keep up the good work. This is exactly the kind of business Penzance needs.

1 Thank Matt M
“A wonderful little Gem in our Hometown”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We are locals, Had a great meal here for Mums Birthday, the place has a friendly ambience, a fab setting, instantly feel at home, set with a harbour view, I could see The Scillonian on a perfect Summers evening, All the food was delicious, The liver & chorizo pate' to start was amazing, my Husband had The Scallops, Mum & I had a huge Burger in a tomato flavoured bun, cooked beautifully melt in the mouth & light, with home made chips, Dave had steamed Haddock & Husband had Turbot on a bed of rice, though he said he would have liked a plateful of that rice. Had to have a pudding which was delicious, overall we enjoyed every mouthful & our wine, thank you very much & to the friendly staff we recommend a visit.

Visited July 2014