“An attraction in itself”

Trengwainton Tearooms
Ranked #19 of 187 Restaurants in Penzance
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This tea room lies outside Tregwainton Gardens. I understand there are people who go for the food and don't bother with the garden. Even though the garden is beautiful I can see why. Great food, wide choice, including good vegetarian options, and green credentials.

3  Thank David8Strings

Reviewed September 8, 2013

After a lovely walk through the gardens, we decided to stop for some lunch. There's a lovely outside area, you can rent a picnic blanket or there are some garden games to keep the kids entertained. I had a lovely sandwich, but unfortunately the wasps had a go at my iced tea before i could drink any of it. The cafe has a nice relaxed atmosphere. A lot of the herbs and vegetables are from their own gardens. I'd definitely come back to the tea rooms on my next Cornish holiday.

2  Thank Isobel P
Reviewed August 23, 2013

And we're talking about a lot of cream teas! We were on our way to "Nampara" (Poldark fans will understand) and stopped here by chance as we passed it on our way. There is a free car park and from here you walk into a quintessentially English walled country garden where you can sit either outside or in. We did start outside but had to come inside due to the enormous amount of wasps, obviously not the tea room's fault. The afternoon tea is served on lovely cake stands and includes delicious sandwiches, a variety of cakes to say nothing of the scones which were magnificent. I can't comment on the other food in the cafe but if the teas are anything to go by, then you should be onto a winner.

1  Thank cakewithaview
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very nice food in lovely surroundings, I particularly like the fact that they offer rugs to sit on if you'd rather that to a table,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is ideal for families with kids and especially for people who can't walk far as the free car park is so close.
The beautiful walled garden has toys, picnic rugs and lots of outdoor seating and the restaurant serves excellent food, a lot of which is sourced from the garden itself. Absolutely delicious lasagne, flans, soups, salads and cakes to die for!
Highly recommended