“Good fish and chips”

The Pirates Rest
Ranked #38 of 185 Restaurants in Penzance
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A small family run business with fantastic food and very friendly service.
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

A good fish and chip shop. We ate in and the fish was in lovely light batter, the chips were nice and not greasy. Good value and the takeaway was very busy with locals which is a good sign.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We found this place by chance on a recent holiday, and its possibly the best fish and chips I've tasted. Yes, you may have to wait a short time, but when its cooked fresh for you that's not a problem. Lovely thin batter on the fish which in my case was a meaty piece of Cod, the Chips are nice and light, and with a carton of Mushy Peas and Curry it went down a treat. Very well priced and highly recommended. Did it all again on the last night too!!!!.

1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Great for pre ordering large orders. Go here once a week and have never had a problem.....yes we have tried the others along with our visiting family. Best fish and chips in penzance by far!

2  Thank jackanlee
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My wife and I went to the Pirates Rest on Sat 4th Jan 2014, I had Fish & Chips and my wife had Sausage & Chips. We both really enjoyed our food, I especially enjoyed the Cod, it is the first time I have had fish cooked to order. My wife is not to keen on fish, it looked that nice she actually tried a piece and enjoyed it. We would highly recommend the Pirates Rest to any of the locals and day trippers to this fish and chip shop.

1  Thank scotlandTony722
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Highly recommend this if you like fish and chips. Freshly cooked to order. Nice light batter and proper decent chips. What's not to like?

1  Thank Jennifer D