“Interesting place for all...”

The Lost & Found Cafe & Vintage Shop
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Lost & Found Cafe & Vintage Shop TUES - FRI... 9.30 Am til 5.30 Pm SAT 10 am til 5.30 Pm We are tucked away of the ground floor of a beautiful Georgian House. We are half way down the historic Chapel street and in our opinion well worth a find! Set over 3 cosy rooms, you can nestle yourself at one of our vintage tables, browse our huge cookery book selection, whilst drinking a pot of love tea, kept warm by a granny made tea cosy. We have a 'creation station' for kids, books to read, craft & vintage magazines, knitting... For people that like knitting, a vintage shop, tons of stuff! We have a small breakfast menu, scrambled eggs / toast / homemade granola etc served til 11.30 Am and lunch is served 12pm til 3pm. Everything is homemade on the premises, using fresh local ingredients. We serve sandwiches, huge salads, home-made soup, hot homity pies and more. Wash it down with a glass of wine, a coffee or maybe some rose lemonade. If you have any room left try a piece of homemade cake from our cake dresser, you can have cake at any time of day. Because cake is very important.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This place is great. Lovely food ,great ambience, very homey and unusual. A very interesting cafe if you are a visitor. A place where strangers seem to be able to chat to one another. Lovely art .

1  Thank blucyPenzance

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I whole-heartedly agree with all the other positive reviews about this cafe. I went there for lunch based on the good reviews, and it was great. Lovely service, tasty food and an interesting/quirky location.

I had the goat's cheese and chutney sandwich, which came with a tasty salad, hot chocolate and a slice of delicious coffee cake. I'm not usually a big fan of salads but this was was a big improvement - grated carrot, toasted seeds, olives, leaves, celery and some grapes. The sandwich was also served with a paprika coleslaw.

Much recommended and I am keen to go back for the courgette cake!

1  Thank VickyJP
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was recommended this place by a friend and had never heard of it myself, so decided to venture down, and am very glad I did!
Located in chapel street it's not immediately obvious where it is but there's a small sign outside directing you in. Once inside the decor is just fantastic and has a very vintage homely feel, very relaxed atmosphere! I came with my daughter and there was an arts and craft corner and toys for her to play with which was brilliant. The two young ladies who served us where very attentive, helpful and lovely with the little one. I didn't have food as I had just eaten( but have heard that its delicious) but had a carrot cake which was amazing!
Overall a very lovely experience would highly recommend, will definitely be back soon. Keep up the good work girls!

1  Thank Callie_d157
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Quite difficult to find, however managed to find it second time round.

Style is very shabby chic, quirky and friendly staff.

We had a sandwich and cakes, very delicious and definite homemade, very good quality.

Would definitely return.

1  Thank NadineRie
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Wish we'd found this sooner. Clearly well known by the locals. We had a sandwich lunch only but the quality of the ingredients was superb. Staff seemed a bit young and untrained (constant txting and mobile use in evidence when not busy). Quirky given its dual function as a vintage shop but it works well. First choice in Penzance for lunch IMHO.

1  Thank DocColPol