“Best trip we have ever been on!”

Mermaid Pleasure Trips
Ranked #2 of 7 Tours in Penzance
More attraction details
Owner description: At Mermaid Pleasure Trips our aim is to provide you with the most enjoyable, safe and memorable experience at sea. We run 8hr and 4hr deep sea wreck & reef fishing trips, and 2hr mackerel fishing trips. We also provide 2hr and 3hr wildlife safari cruises in Mounts Bay, searching for the marine wildlife in their natural habitat. These trips are extremely popular, so please phone, or book on our website. We take credit cards and Paypal payments from our website. All monies are refunded if weather prevents us from sailing. Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My teenagers and I were booked on the 3 hour Minack theatre and basking shark trip. It was amazing. We were actually out at sea for just under four hours (once the captain had ascertained that no one was in a hurry - just because it was such a lovely day). The captain is so funny, but not in an offensive "in your face" way, rather just an amusing, anecdotal, jolly way. Martin (I think his name was) is employed to accompany the trip to provide natural history information on all creatures that you see. He is absolutely hawk-eyed, spotting sun fish and porpoises, then steering the captain and boat closer so you are within touching distance of such animals. The views of the coast, sea and animals you see are breath taking and it is such good value for money. I would so recommend this trip above all others - for value for money and as a life experience.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went at 3.00 pm trip. Its ok if you have nothing else to do.

Good points:
- Captain is a funny bloke. Which was the highlight of the trip
- Gives some details of the area
- Good boat and lots of space to sit. Easy to get on with a push chair
- They showed live crabs and star fish from the sea

Bad Points:
- A bit too long and gets a bit boring after an hour.
- Not worth the money if you dont get to see seals, dolphins or sharks. When booking at 3.00 pm ask if any of the wildlife was seen at the 1.00 pm trip

4  Thank Rise_Of_the_Tigers
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Fantastic boat ride! Adrian and his crew are excellent and bring more to the boat trip than just looking at the water and animals! We saw numerous basking sharks!Porpouses and seals!!He goes out of his way to try to find the wildlife and then tries to manover the boat so you get the best view!We did the 2hour trip and thoroughly enjoyed!It went so quick and didn't feel like two hours!!
Their knowledge is excellent!!
One of the best bits of our holiday!A MUST when visiting this area!!Also price very good for the trip!We have paid much more elsewhere for trips no where near as good!!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Oh my! This was the highlight of my holiday! The crew were brilliant and the commentary really interesting, entertaining and very funny. I went on a 2 hour wildlife cruise with my partner, a teenager and a 9 year old, and we were just expecting seals and a pleasant trip up the coast. My expectations were FAR exceeded though because we saw basking sharks and a MINKE WHALE!!! Was an utterly amazing trip, made special by the lovely crew. Thank you guys, we will come back again!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family had a great time. Kids got to pilot the boat which they thought was great. Pulled up Lobster pots and there was a baby conga in one with crabs etc. Skipper was very knowledgeable with a good sense of humour. Other pot had a 40 year old lobster which was a good size. My daughter held it which she loved. Unfortunately for the lobster I think it ended up being supper lol. Saw a couple of seals on the rocks. Went right around st michaels mount which was good to see. All in all really good 2 hrs spent with the mermaid crew.