“What a little gem!”

Ranked #41 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Bedfordshire
“What a little gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Arrived on the overnight Riviera Sleeper from Paddington to be greeted by the lovely Liv who welcomed me with a cup of tea and a welcoming smile. My single room was spotlessly clean, very comfortable with a spectacular sea view. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, served in a bright and cheerful breakfast room. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Shoreline to anyone. Can't wait to return. Thanks for such a relaxing stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Camberley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Me and my friend spend three nights in this B&B, first night we spend in small room with no view on the sea, but next day, owner laydy offered us to move to bigger room,didn't have to pay extra for this treat:), breakfast were delicious. I would recomended this to B&B to anyone who want to have good quality but not to pricey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Padua, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

A very nice b&b. I was in the room with see view and at morning, during the sunrise, the ocean gives a feeling of load and serenity at the same time. The room was very clean, the bathroom was with every confort. The mistress has been friendly. It's a place for who search a relaxing trip with a loved one.

• Stayed November 2012
Filey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

we booked on line & so glad we chose this guest house. We had a wonderfully clean room at the front which looked out over the bay(beautiful) Liv & her staff are great we even got some fresh milk put in our fridge ready for us coming back in. Also a visit to Minack Theatre is a must We would definately reccomend this accomodation & will be returning again. FANTASTIC!!!! THANKS. M&M

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed one night as I had to visit Penzance for work. It's by far the best B&B I've stayed in, and much nicer than the usual places we get booked into! I had the Orchid room, which is at the front of the house and has a large window looking out to the sea. The room was perfect; completely spotless, beautifully decorated and cosy without being cramped!
There was a good choice of breakfasts, with the option to leave your order downstairs for the morning. The breakfast room was cheerful and welcoming (even on a gloomy morning!), as were Liz and her staff. I had the English breakfast, which was very good. I would definitely recommend the Shoreline to my friends and colleagues!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Coventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked on line for a short break and were a little surprised to be given a door code to let ourselves in as there is no one on site during the day, except at breakfast time which is between 8-00 and 8-45 every day. this is not particularly useful if you were considering a relaxing holiday with a lay in in the mornings. We had a room with a sea view the was clean and comfortable.

As in all hotels we visit we always familiarise ourselves with fire evacuation procedures, there were none in our room. We noticed was a sign in the hall that advised in an emergency telephone the given number, no telephone was available so I presume that if you don't have a cell phone to hand you and the other guests could have a major problem.

We made comment about the cool temperature of the breakfast served and were berated by the cook, who was at pains to tell us that she was an experienced chef and new how to cook hot food unfortunately she had not been trained well enough to to understand that if the food is served on a cold plate is doesn't stay hot very long.

Those who have read any of my others reviews will know that I try to be as possitive and fair as possible however I have to say that we would not stay at this establishment again.

Room Tip: Room five has an excellent sea view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed 6 nights in this hotel and despite the wide range of accomodation available in this area I most definetly choose the right one. It was right on the seafront, modern and clean and even with having no staff to greet me on arrival I was most pleasently supprised when I arrived.

It was definetly worth the money I paid, I looked forward to relaxing there each day after travelling around the area. It had all the facilities you could ask for and put on a great choice of breakfasts in the morning. I particularly liked the flexibility of the service, haviing breakfast when I wanted and being able to decide whether I needed my room cleaned or not.

The staff were pleasent and friendly and happily offered extra services such as use of an iron and ironing board when required.

It was in a great location and a perfect base for exploring Penzance and surrounding areas. I would highly reccomend this to anyone staying in the area and would definelty stay there again myself.

5 ******

Room Tip: Any room is a good room unless you sepcifically want a sea view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo