“Lovely little B&B”

Ranked #39 of 87 Penzance B&B and Inns
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Lovely little B&B”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed one night as I had to visit Penzance for work. It's by far the best B&B I've stayed in, and much nicer than the usual places we get booked into! I had the Orchid room, which is at the front of the house and has a large window looking out to the sea. The room was perfect; completely spotless, beautifully decorated and cosy without being cramped!
There was a good choice of breakfasts, with the option to leave your order downstairs for the morning. The breakfast room was cheerful and welcoming (even on a gloomy morning!), as were Liz and her staff. I had the English breakfast, which was very good. I would definitely recommend the Shoreline to my friends and colleagues!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked on line for a short break and were a little surprised to be given a door code to let ourselves in as there is no one on site during the day, except at breakfast time which is between 8-00 and 8-45 every day. this is not particularly useful if you were considering a relaxing holiday with a lay in in the mornings. We had a room with a sea view the was clean and comfortable.

As in all hotels we visit we always familiarise ourselves with fire evacuation procedures, there were none in our room. We noticed was a sign in the hall that advised in an emergency telephone the given number, no telephone was available so I presume that if you don't have a cell phone to hand you and the other guests could have a major problem.

We made comment about the cool temperature of the breakfast served and were berated by the cook, who was at pains to tell us that she was an experienced chef and new how to cook hot food unfortunately she had not been trained well enough to to understand that if the food is served on a cold plate is doesn't stay hot very long.

Those who have read any of my others reviews will know that I try to be as possitive and fair as possible however I have to say that we would not stay at this establishment again.

Room Tip: Room five has an excellent sea view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed 6 nights in this hotel and despite the wide range of accomodation available in this area I most definetly choose the right one. It was right on the seafront, modern and clean and even with having no staff to greet me on arrival I was most pleasently supprised when I arrived.

It was definetly worth the money I paid, I looked forward to relaxing there each day after travelling around the area. It had all the facilities you could ask for and put on a great choice of breakfasts in the morning. I particularly liked the flexibility of the service, haviing breakfast when I wanted and being able to decide whether I needed my room cleaned or not.

The staff were pleasent and friendly and happily offered extra services such as use of an iron and ironing board when required.

It was in a great location and a perfect base for exploring Penzance and surrounding areas. I would highly reccomend this to anyone staying in the area and would definelty stay there again myself.

5 ******

Room Tip: Any room is a good room unless you sepcifically want a sea view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Dont normally do reviews but in this case its a must,
we stayed at the Shoreline guest house this week and what a great guest hse, immaculately clean, great decor in all rooms, and Liv and her staff were very attentive to all the customers really spent time advising on where to go what to see, even loaned us books,maps and some blankets for when we went to the minnack theatre in the evening.
brilliant:

Room Tip: leave it to Liv tell her what you want and she will accomadate.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I and my wife spent four wonderful days at the lovely Shoreline B&B – Penzance and we were very happy with everything, especially with the warm welcome. The staff were so friendly, particularly the lovable owner Olivia (Liv), that we seemed to be in a family. Breakfasts are really delicious. We would like to come back to this B&B in the future.

Room Tip: Try to book the "blossom room": fabulous!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in the Orchid room, had been prewarned was on the small side to brought 2 smaller cases which stowed under the bed, no problem. The view was great and owner and staff could not have been more helpful. Good choice for breakfast which was all really delicious, will be making another visit when we can.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

A warm welcome with plenty of information. A very comfortable stay in 'Poppy' which is a single at the rear of the property, so no sea view, but that is my only reservation. Breakfasts are wonderful!
Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Book well in advance - I got the last room available.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo