“Excellent shop and cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Archie Browns

Archie Browns
Ranked #33 of 180 Restaurants in Penzance
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Excellent shop and cafe”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I live in Penzance, and shop here quite often, for an independent shop to be cheaper than a chain like Holland and Barretts I think is quite remarkable. It is a vegetarian whole food shop, that also sells toiletries - including sustainably made toothbrushes, detergents (and sustainable scourers, cloths etc.), biodegradeable sanitary towels etc., ice-cream...pretty much anything made with thought and done so ethically.

The cafe is very good - if you eat meat (like me) don't be put off, it's not that heavy stuff that takes ages to chew. It is very tasty stuff served by pleasant people. Simple though it may sound, I love their baked potato with salads. Recently I had to be on a low-iodine diet for medical reasons, the kitchen staff put themselves out to make me a meal I could eat and enjoy.

Visited August 2013

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Lovely vegetarian fare...”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We came here for lunch and had a lovely meal. It was so nice for my daughter to have such a choice. As a vegetarian there are usually only one or two things on any menu that she can eat. Two of us had excellent salads and my son thoroughly enjoyed the soup. Well worth a visit...!

• Visited July 2013
Marazion, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice food!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Lots of people think that vegetarian food equal to boring and little tasting food. Have a meal at Archie Brown and you'll be pleasantly surprised of how good, nice, tasty and full of choices a vegetarian meal could be! We really enjoyed our meal here and we regularly go back for a nice healthy option. Don't miss out the salads, they are extraordinary, very unusual and packed with different flavours! Delicious! And don't forget to order with your salad some home made bread! It wonderful! And I have also loved the cakes! I would definitely recommend this place!

• Visited June 2013
cornwall
“Always 2 gluten free options”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I know I can have a gluten free lunch, without a baked potato on my plate. Also when it says served with salad, its more than lettuce tomato and cucumber. Plus I can take home a slice of gluten free cake!

Visited August 2013
Andover, United Kingdom
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I love this place. Superb food and service and lots of menu options and daily specials. For such good food and service the pricing is very good. My favourites are their soups with their own bread. Well worth a visit if you're in Penzance.

• Visited August 2012