“Location and service - excellent”
Review of Beachfield Hotel

Beachfield Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Penzance
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Location and service - excellent”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed in Penzance for many years and what a superb choice I made staying at the Beachfield Hotel. The location was ideal, located just a 15 minute level walk from the railway station along the promenade and 10 minutes walk from the town centre. I cannot fault my stay at the Beachfield Hotel, from the day I walked in and until I left the 3 days later the service I received from the staff was excelllent - felt very welcome and as for breakfast I have never been presented with my breakfast looking so nice! My room had a superb view down the Promenade from one side and out to see from the front, the room was well maintained and decor very tasteful as it was throughout the hotel. If like me you have no transport, this was no problem, the 300 open top bus stops next to the hotel and does a circular journey via Lands End, St Just, Zennor and St Ives which enabled me to walk parts of the coast path, a 5 minute walk towards Newlyn you can pick up a bus to Mousehole - or adjacent to the railway station is the bus station. I am looking forward to staying in the Beachfield hotel in the near future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Aldo1968

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
cornwall
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here on the way out to a trip to France and stayed in a single room, which was clean and an excellent size, together with all the usual additions tea, coffee etc.
The breakfast was superb, one of the biggest I have ever had, including black pudding and hogs pudding, things not normally supplied.
With this experience in mind on the way back from France I enquired about staying again. The problem I had was that I was not expected to be back down in Penzance until very late in the evening (11pm), but I needn't have worried it was no trouble to them. They were open to 11pm then had a night porter service, so really on both occassions I could not find a fault.
Definately reccommended and will certain use them again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank firemanjohn
Stratford on Avon
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed for two nights at the Beachfield,in a town that I've only ever passed through before.From the moment of booking on the internet and also later on the phone,as some alterations were needed,till the day of departure the hotel staff were fantastic,I was treated more like being a long lost relative returning home,than a hotel guest.The hotel is located on the seafront looking out over Mounts Bay(well worth paying the extra for sea view).The rooms are excellently fitted out and decorated,as is the whole hotel with every comfort you'd expect in your own home.Although only staying on B&B,the breakfast was too die for,judging by the taste it was fresh local ingredients,and more than enough to keep you going till dinner.My review title says it all about the Beachfield.

Room Tip: Sea view well worth the extra.There is no lift if you require one.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Coachman45
Devon
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here - very friendly and courteous staff, clean hotel, nice clean and warm rooms, excellent breakfast (and choice of included cooked breakfast - full English, smoked haddock, or kippers - plus usual cereals/fruit etc)

Hotel is near to the centre so it is easy to get into town, but at the same time it was not right in the centre so is quiet in the evenings.

Honestly - couldn't fault it for value, friendliness and quality of service.

Room Tip: It is possible to choose a room with a view of the sea/beach if you pay slightly more. We didn't...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JPSDevon
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We booked the hotel because of its close proximity to the local rugby ground (Cornish Pirates) little realising that is was so close to both the ground and the sea front.
For a change we travelled by rail to Penzance and th hotel is arond a 15 minute walk from the station. No wierd directions, just walk along the beach front!
The hotel is typical english seaside design, big house frontage painted white of course to keep the summer heat at bay! In other words neat and tidy.
The reception is small, next to the bar which appeared well stocked, but like most hotels they know how to charge for items that we all know we could have brought a bottle for with just four drinks!
Our room was lovely and clean, no matter where you tried to pick fault it was very difficult to find such. Our only critism is that the shower in the bathroom was a little weak! We mentioned this to the manager on check out and he apologised saying that it was being looked at and would on our next visit be vastly improved.
We only ate breakfast, which was freshly cooked and served quickly. Breakfast for us finished too early, that being 9.30 on every day of the week! No real lie in on a Saturday or Sunday here!
Overall though a great hotel and one we would happily return too.....if they had better showers and later breakfast finish times!

Room Tip: We stayed in room to the front with great sea view, it was offered when we booked so would ask for i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hrplaneman
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Just arrived and secured a single room less than 50 quid, that's OK. The room was strange had a few stairs, but fine. The young fella that appeared to be about the only employee informed me the hotel was almost full, ergo, no upgrade. Did not see very many other guests. The young fella was the reception person / bartender / waiter, in fact, apart from the cook, that's it for staff.
I did have a few beers, only one on tap????? strange for a large British hotel. Supper, one had a two hour window to get in. This I did and ordered lamb shanks, now being from Canada, I had seen this on many menu's, thus I tried it. I see now this stringy morsel is part of the lower leg. Pass next time, could not pick a desert I wanted, so I opted for the cheese / cracker board,
had a nice blue and an aged cheddar.... very nice.
Good British breakfast, hot and fresh, exellent coffee. Very happy.
Parking............... very limited.
Breakfast was good, the usual.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Riverviewpines
Hinckley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

When went there the building had scaffolding surrounding the building which made it look unattractive and made it hard to find. The room was ok needed work doing to it, couldn't really open the windows in the room because the scaffolding had blocked them. The food could have been better.

Only space for 4 cars on the front which 2 of the cars are likely to be blocked in so if need to get out early or later in the evening park either on the road side or in the parking on the main drag.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penzance
Hotel Penzance
#1 of 81 in Penzance
Artist Residence
Artist Residence
#7 of 81 in Penzance

Been to Beachfield Hotel? Share your experiences!