“Very surprised”

Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

In the causeway part of the sorry town that is now Penzance this place is a little oasis. We went here for lunch. It looks clean and tidy from the outside and delivers on its first impression It's immaculate food good, hot,tasty, cakes were amazing too. Waiter was very good clean and well presented my only gripe would be the ring through his nose or lip or something like that.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We felt forced to have a Daily special. We wanted a dish from the menu but were told we couldn't have it as it wasn't available, although it was early lunchtime. Several selections later were also refused but of course we could of had the Daily Specials!!!! Beware of this, I tend to think it is leftovers being used up.

11  Thank Jeff A
Reviewed November 14, 2012

What a lovely little place to eat, weather it's lunch, a meal, or just tea & a slice of cake! Me, my partner & 2 boys, had Cream Tea & Scones-yum yum yum!!!! The staff are friendly & helpful, good quality food, & very clean, with even my fave songs thrown in, in the back-ground for good measure!! It was so nice, that we came back again for lunch on another day..It's worth that couple of quid extra for all round good quality ;-) If i wanted a greasy bacon roll with fat rind on it, which was cheap as chips, i would have gone to a greasy spoon cafe! (As they say) When i come back to Cornwall next year i will definately be popping into Waves again for a good cuppa & a slice of cake!!!!!!!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We visit Waves at least once a week when we are in Penzance and always have a good meal, whether it is a full lunch or simply a coffee and a slice of cake. Darren and Paul always make us welcome as do the staff members. To be recommended.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Stopped off here after seeing an advertising board in the town. We had lunch here and it was really lovely. I had spiced parsnip soup with super soft bread, my husband had steak pie and vegetables. My soup was delicious, my husbands pie was absolutely stuffed with meat, I've never seen so much in one pie! The pie also came with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, carotts and rattatouille. With a large mocha, pot of tea and slice of chocolate & Guinness cake, the whole bill came to just over £20 The staff were very good, and the café really clean.