“Experience average, food very good”
Review of The New Hong Kong

The New Hong Kong
Ranked #94 of 184 Restaurants in Penzance
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in an area of Penzance known as The Green Market.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Visited just before Christmas as part of a Christmas works gathering. We were made aware before arriving that our table had another booking at 8pm so no hanging around.
On arrival we found that we were spread over two tables, not ideal really although adjacent to eash other
Everyone opted for the buffet. I thought it was the best ive had in a long time at the New Hong Kong all of the dishes were fresh and topped up frequently, good food ( exactly the dishes as before though). Seems a good tip to come early
A very popular restaurant as all but one table was full. The take a way service was also very busy

2  Thank Ukoneuk
There are newer reviews for The New Hong Kong

Reviewed December 14, 2013

After using this takeaway for many years, forgiving any errors that has occurd I have finally had enough. Dinner was phoned in at 6.21pm for delivery at 8.00, at 8.42 the meal arrived but AGAIN it was wrong by over £20. I phoned them up to ask what went wrong but all they could come up with was another 45 minute wait for the correct meal. The taxi driver was livid as he said he would not get paid for this trip, I am sorry for the,driver but have had it with the New Hong Kong and would never recommend them again.

2  Thank Jeff A
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Ordered a take away for the family at half nine on a Saturday night, was told by the lady on the phone it would only take half an hour to be delivered, after some time rang again to ask when our food would be delivered and the lady said five more minutes. We did not receive our food until half eleven. It took TWO hours to get the food. Will not be ordering again !!!!!

1  Thank HC199482
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We are on holiday fro a seaside town in Devon.. Where we have a choice of 4 Chinese restaurants all of which service.delivery.food are excellent etc even through the busy holiday months... We were advised from a local that the new hongkong was the best Chinese to go to....
WELL!!!! What a huge mistake we made... Here goes i would have rather thrown my £31.30 in to the sea... I need not say any more.... It was awful..... Even our dog turned her nose up at the chicken!!!! It took hour and fourty mins to be delivered... If the food was good it would have been worth the wait
..but sadly it was not....

1  Thank debbie r
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Ordered a take away and when I got home my order was wrong, In my duck dish there was not a single bit of duck! Rang them up and spent 5 mins with the guy arguing with me telling me there was duck in the meal. He used every excuse going, the best one was that it was chopped up small so I couldn't see it! No sorry, no offer of another one. So told them I would just bring back the whole order and get my money back and go somewhere else. When I got there and they looked they finally agreed there was no duck and blamed it all on the chef. This was now an hour after I had first placed my order. Suddenly out of the kitchen comes my dish with the duck, and they wanted to just give me that, I said well the rest of the order is now cold, they took it away, and then came back 5 mins later and said it was all fresh. Mistake number 1, I didn't just stick with what I had planned to do and get a refund, mistake number 2, I didn't check that it was all fresh! So yeah you've guessed it I got home to find that the only thing they did replace was the chips! Really couldn't be bothered to go back there for the 3rd time and waste my time, I'll just never go there again for a take away or a meal!

1  Thank Samantha900