“Stylish and Contemporary!”
Review of Venton Vean

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
Venton Vean
Ranked #5 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Having read all the reviews on trip advisor, we decided on VV with expectations that the stay will enrich our vacation. We had a little difficulty locating the BnB as the houses are not numbered... making it less intuitive. that was easily resolved by asking people in the neighborhood. we were initially surprised that it is nestled in a residential area and hence gave the feeling that we were staying over with a friend rather than paid hand-picked accommodation, meant as a mini highlight (having read the reviews). apprehensions did not ease when David appeared and looked very young (our impressions of BnB owner are experienced matured adults). in retrospect, i must add that David and Philipa appears because they are well groomed and kept, nothing to do with experience! we were soon led to Room 3 which was a tad smaller than what the picture showed on the website but it was not a problem because the huge bathroom with a tantalising bath made up for it. the range of toiletries used and the furnishings reflect the personalities of the owner- contemporary and stylish. on top of that, none of our requests have met with an "i'm afraid...". they were all met with a smile. we emailed our request on site and received a reply very quickly again testimony to the progressive nature of the business. overall i would recommend this to anyone looking for the style of a modern hotel with the hospitality of a more traditional BnB. the property reflects that too- the best of heritage spruced up by a touch of modernity.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank LuAnn O

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My second time at Venton Vean and as good as on my first visit. I arrived in Penzance before 8am on the sleeper train from London but I had already arranged to leave my case there and have breakfast which was a great start to the day. Philippa does make you feel very welcome and is as helpful as it's possible to be.
Anyway, I slept well both nights, bed was very comfortable, and room was perfectly clean and well maintained. Venton Vean is situated in a quiet leafy road which is a bonus. I walked to the nearby Leisure Centre for an early morning swim which made me feel less guilty about having the delicious full cooked breakfast afterwards!
Hopefully, I will get the chance to return there one day and maybe stay longer next time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank furgus
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have been home less than an hour but feel compelled to write a review. What a wonderful place! The house is beautiful, the rooms (and I have stayed in two different rooms) are immaculate, characterful, comfortable with an easy attention to detail (subtly colour-themed books were not lost on me!) Gorgeous fluffy pancakes and fresh fruit salad for breakfast. Philippa made me feel most welcome and even opened Venton Vean up for me in the dead of winter. Wonderful hosts. It didn't feel like a work trip. I must return!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Venton Vean is a beautiful house opposite a beautiful park with wonderful hosts. We had a superb time here. Our room was immaculate with beautifully thought out details, a seriously comfy bed, a selection of novels and National Geographics, TV with DVD player, radio, and locally made products in the bathroom. Our hosts, Philippa and David, went out of their way to help us with maps, tips for where to go and amazing breakfasts. We had fluffy pancakes with strawberries and berries, delicious local bread with a huge selection of homemade jams and homemade yoghurt, huevos rancheros and halloumi with wilted spinach and lightly cooked tomatoes - all scrumptious! Penzance and its environs have so much to offer so we will be back and cannot wait to stay at Venton Vean again. It was absolutely brilliant!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oskoff
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We have just had two nights here at Venton Vean. We arrived to a warm, natural and friendly welcome from the owner Phillippa. The rooms are lovely, the whole building beautifully presented. An attitude of really caring about their guests really pervades the atmosphere here. Phillippa really does think and preempt the tint details that make a nice stay into a great one. The breakfast is lovely too.

Thank you Phillippa for a lovely stay ion our first visit to Cornwall. We are more than happy to recommend Venton Vean to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TamsBrisbane
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We needed a place to stay when visiting Penzance for a celebration weekend, so as ever we looked on trip advisor. Having found the recommendations for Venton Vean we then checked with local knowledge and got agreement. This was the place to be! The weather was pretty disgusting but the welcome and care was outstanding. A lovely room, comfy bed with great bedding, fabulous bathroom with huge shower (an essential in my books) . and lovely breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble. We already knew where we would be eating so we didn't need recommendations but our Friday evening destination (Ben's Cornish Kitchen) in Marazion was given the thumbs up-justifiably.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PhilB55
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The wind and the rain were delivered as only Cornwall can but the warmth and comfort at Venton Vean was not only by means of hot water and heating after a day on the cliffs but also by way of hospitality and fabulous food.
Philippa and David go to so much trouble to make sure you want for nothing during your stay, all is calm, effortless and beyond comfortable. Thank you, there really is no where else I would want to stay and I look forward to another visit this year, if it's style , comfort and peace you seek then look no further.

Room Tip: All are fabulous, I always have the slightly smaller double with the huge bathroom simply because of...