“Excellent B&B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Venton Vean

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
Venton Vean
Ranked #3 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

What a lovely B&B. My husband and I stayed at Venton Vean for five nights and were extremely comfortable there. We were very well looked after by Philippa and David from the moment we walked in the front door (served with tea and cake!) to the moment we left. The property has been tastefully decorated to a very high standard. The breakfasts were great with various cereals, fresh fruit, home made yogurt, fresh bread, home made jam and freshly cooked breakfast. Venton Vean is situated opposite the entrance to Penlee Park which leads to the shops, pubs, restaurants etc. Philippa and David suggested restaurants/pubs to visit etc. and even booked us a cab one evening without having to ask them to do so. Nothing was too much trouble for them, they obviously know what holiday makers want when away from home. Our Room 2 was very comfortable, with TV, ipod docking station, cosy bathrobes, tea and coffee making facilities with none of those little pots of long life milk ! We helped ourselves to fresh milk for our morning and afternoon tea, which was enjoyed with homemade biscuit treats! All in all we would recommend Venton Vean to anyone wishing to visit Penzance. Well done Philippa and David!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our 5 month old baby as part of our honeymoon trip around Cornwall in Sept 2011 and we were blown away! We stayed in Room 2 which was stunning and had enough room for a travel cot which they supplied for us.

So I have discovered that I can’t actually write a short review when I am excited about somewhere (this is my second attempt as the husband told me my first was too long) so instead I am going to bullet point our top ten likes –

1. Philippa and David – they are so welcoming, chilled and eager to help you with local information. Nothing is too much trouble
2. They are baby friendly – supplied a travel cot and welcomed our baby
3. Design classics such as the Rar and Tom Vac chair around every corner. Being a bit of a design freak I was in my element in this house!
4. The décor is amazing. Such attention to detail has been paid and such love has been put into this house. Everything is excellent quality, from the socket surrounds to the Conran coffee table in the lounge.
5. So clean!
6. Tea and homemade cake upon arrival
7. The bed – everything about it was luxurious
8. The guest lounge – beautifully decorated, stylish and relaxing. The baby monitor worked perfectly from here to our room so we could relax downstairs in the evening
9. Breakfast – homemade yoghurt & jams, pancakes, haddock and eggs . . . not your average B&B menu!
10. Really nice touch supplying docking stations in the rooms and guest lounge

Room Tip: If you are travelling with a baby request Room 2 as it has enough room for a travel cot
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Brecon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

Whenever you book last minute, there is a certain element of good luck with what you may find. Lady luck was definitely dishing out in abundance when she sent us to Venton Vean. Our stay was pure joy from start to finish: fabulous food, super service, brilliant breakfast - to name but a few of the pleasures of Venton Vean. After camping on the Scilly Isles, the bed was absolutely divine: wallowing in pure comfort. A fabulous bed and breakfast run by a fabulous couple!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

What can I say? My husband and I stayed (room 2) in October. We stayed an extra two nights it was so good. As all reviews say it is stylish beyond belief but not at the cost of comfort - it is also indvidual. The bedding bathrobes etc are truly sumptious -and all the little touches make for such a special stay. I can't travel lightly - 2 stylish luggage stands catered for this; there is a proper hairdryer; lovely cups for the great selection of teas and coffee ground to order; full length mirror; window seats etc etc. Add to this the beautiful lounge, garden, dining room and the best breakfasts; but what was really the icing on the cake was Philippa and Davids kindness including making the best veggie lasagne of wild mushrooms and pumpkin for dinner on hearing I enjoyed my food! They are truly natural hosts.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed 2 nights with my girlfriend. Found Venton Vean easily on the Sat Nav. Plenty of on-street parking available (at this time of year!). Very impressive B&B. The furnishings and decor were all tastefully done. Great attention to detail. We stayed in Room 3, which had an amazing en-suite, complete with lovely toiletries sourced from Penzance! The owners, David and Phillipa, were very welcoming, offering us a cup of tea on our arrival. Unfortunately, we had a table booked at The Coldstreamer pub (Recommended!!!) and so had to shoot straight back out! The breakfasts on both mornings were excellent. We had a lovely full english. Having previously stayed in a few of the local B&B's around Penzance, I can honestly say that Venton Vean is, by far and away, the best one I have frequented!

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

My wife & I had the honour of being the first visitors To the Venton Vean.The solicitous attentions of our hosts Phillipa & David started with careful instructions on how to find this gem of a B & B.Coveniently situated across the road from Penlee Park.
The rooms were faultless. Yes we sampled two,- both excellent, inspiring decor & fitted out to the highest standard. The hospitality was excellent, including top quality advice on making the most of the locality and the breakfasts are beyond compare, the fish was superb.
Hope to visit again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

The minute I walked through the monogrammed gate and tasteful garden I knew this place was a cut above the usual B & B fare. David and Philippa are great hosts and they made us feel very, very welcome. Our room was spacious, bright, had a lovely leafy outlook and was tastefully decorated with painted floorboards, a period fireplace and a great ensuite. The bed linen was what I would expect (but rarely get) from a high end hotel. The tv is a nice quality LCD which has a built in DVD player and there is even a choice of very watchable DVD's. The local information was very detailed (they even pointed me towards some great local watering holes and one of the best pints of bitter I've tasted!) One great disappointment however is that I only decided to try the Mexican breakfast on our last morning, it was amazing!! Venton Vean is a little gem.

• Stayed October 2011