“Still an amazing place”
Review of Minack Theatre

Minack Theatre
Ranked #1 of 66 things to do in Penzance
More attraction details
Owner description: This open-air theatre is dramatically situated on the cliffs at Porthcumo, near Land's End, and hosts a season of plays and musicals from May to September.
England
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Still an amazing place”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've visited the Minack theatre on three / four occasions. This time in February we had a stunning clear day - the views from the theatre are amazing.

The Minack is one of those places where you have to say "wow"!

We'll be going back in the not too distant future.

Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Amazing Minack Theatre”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I fully recommend a visit to Minack Theatre, built on the side of the cliff, with stunning views, was well worth the trip. I am not one for the theatre, but this was amazing to see, built by one woman, Rowena Cade and her gardener. They built the theatre into the rocks on the cliffside, absolutely amazing. We visited the cafe which had excellent views over the sea front.
An absolute must see!!!!

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very enjoyable attraction”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my wife on my birthday trip. As a theatre-maker, I love seeing different spaces and this is one of the most unique that I've been able to visit. This amazing little theatre built by hand by an incredible woman is a testament to how important theatre is to all people. The grounds are wonderful to walk around and the exhibition is concise and well thought out. This venue can be experienced in 30 minutes or a few hours if you want. I highly recommend going, though had we been able to see a show there it would have been even better.

1 Thank Chris H
Saint Thomas, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Amazing Minack”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

How one women could have the vision and the drive to build this theatre out of the rocks is beyond amazing...The veiw and the sheer scope of the project is almost impossible to believe and yet she did it and did it with out any of our modern day equipment... An absolute must see!!!!

Visited November 2012
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“theatre”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went to see this place by accident years ago and have always promised myself I'd go back there. Loved the place so much that we booked tickets to see a play,and was not disappointed. If you're lucky enough to do the same, take a cushion to sit on, the 'seats' do get uncomfortable, and take a blanket as the sea breeze can be chilly, even in summer, unless the temperature is very high,,lol

Visited March 2012