“Awesome place you must visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Minack Theatre

Minack Theatre
Ranked #1 of 63 things to do in Penzance
More attraction details
Owner description: This open-air theatre is dramatically situated on the cliffs at Porthcumo, near Land's End, and hosts a season of plays and musicals from May to September.
Belleville, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome place you must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you can work this into a visit to Cornwall, I wouldn't pass it by. We wandered all over the seats and stage, and I think this could be the best view in Cornwall. What a visionary to see a theatre in a cliff and make it happen.

Visited October 2012

• Polish first
Evesham, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Absolutely stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

A stunning place although we didn't go into the theater itself as we visited late in the day. We walked down a small path at the sides and the view was breath taking! I wouldn't let my two young children go too far down the path so its definitely adults only! Worth the look of your brave enough.

Gloucestershire
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A little piece of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

October 27th - brilliantly blue skies, no clouds, VERY cold but simply stunning today. My favourite place in Cornwall. We listened to 'Billy Rawlings' give his account of the Minack's conception and construction with his boss, Rowena Cade - very knowledgeable actor, and engaged his little audience beautifully! The exhibition is informative yet not too much to take in. I go here every time I go to Cornwall!

Visited October 2012
Newcastle
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Unusual attraction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Wow - we were astounded at the construction of the site, the gorgeous views & the rock garden. It wasn't expensive & was totally unique. Would highly recommend a visit.

Visited June 2012
Windsor, Berkshire
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Wonderful and Inspiring!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been to Minack several times now and am still inspired by its beauty, and by its creator Rowena Cade. I went there once in the 80s, before you had to pay to go in, and was lucky enough to see a company rehearsing South Pacific.

The wonderful theatre is complemented by the beautiful coastline of Porthcurno bay.

Everyone should visit this unique place.

Visited September 2012