The Abbey
$106
Marazion Hotel(Marazion)
$159
$146
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
$236
$97
$94
  • Pool
Boskerris Hotel(Carbis Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsst michael's mountself cateringfirst floortown centrebedroompubshouseluxuryfurnishingscornwall
Reviewed May 14, 2013

On our first trip to the ' Mother Land ' these two Australian travellers found themselves at Lands End after the fourth day of travelling England Staying in Bath the previous night we were recommended to the Abbey by a staff member at the Francis Hotel who was a local Penzance girl On arrival our bags were carried to our rooms tea & cake was served in the lounge How lovely !!! We had Room one which was gorgeously decorated & a fabulous large bath !!! A seaview looking out to Michaels Mount The Abbey has splendid gardens The breakfast is wonderful The staff are fantastic !! What more can I say !! Our stay will always be remembered

Room Tip: Room 1 for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We spent one night - a birthday/anniversary treat - at the Abbey hotel, in Room 1 and it surpassed our expectations. Our bedroom itself was spacious, beautifully furnished and with a wonderful sea view from the large windows. Equally gorgeous was the huge bathroom, with a lovely view of the hotel's charming gardens.
The owner and the staff we met were very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast, served in the charming dining-room with a roaring open fire at one end, was well-presented and very tasty.
This place deserves to be at the very top of anyone's 'places to visit' in Penzance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mou5e
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Abbey is so wonderful! I found this hotel on the internet -- its sweet, shabby chic appearance and historic interest appealed to me. My husband wasn't too thrilled, so I only booked one night. But it was such a wonderful place that once we realized what a treasure it was (as my husband agreed), we inquired about staying one more night. Naturally they were all booked. Anyway, we were very well received on a pretty summer afternoon. We were invited to come straight back into the lovely Drawing Room for some nice tea and delicious tea cakes after setting our luggage in our rooms. I loved Room Seven which my husband and I stayed in, with a pretty little view of the bay (and the bathroom across the corridor), and my teenagers enjoyed their twin Room Eight down the hall. Quirky, quaint, and cute! The hotel had an unusual kind of "Eclectic English" feel which in my opinion was just fun. The Breakfast Room was very nicely done -- we really enjoyed the setting and the menu/food was very good. We experienced excellent service and very friendly, helpful hosts. I wish I could say we plan to return to The Abbey, but we came from California for a once-in-a-lifetime family trip to the UK for the 2012 Olympics. Thanks to The Abbey for the memory of an overnight stay in what turned out to be our little treasure in Penzance.

Room Tip: We enjoyed Room Seven with a pretty little view of the bay. I felt like I was sleeping with the angels.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GabrielaT2012
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I don't really want to tell you how lovely this hotel is because it will get too busy. The hotel is absolutely charming, the rooms delightful, the view splendid, the staff enthusiastic and helpful. Where else do you have a breakfast room with a roaring open fire and a breakfast cooked to order? Convenient for the town and its many restaurants. Wonderful views of St Michael's Mount.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jojo S
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been visiting Penzance for 35 years as my wife comes from nearby Newlyn. Because we have stayed in her parents house the Abbey Hotel has been a place we have never actually used. On our latest visit to Cornwall we decided to give the Hotel a try. Expectation invariably exceeds the reality but not in the case of the Abbey. It was a real pleasure for the entirety of our stay. The rooms are really atmospheric and it is genuinely like staying in a rather grand house. Great artwork on display with quality furnishings. Friendly staff and a superb breakfast. For someone who spends a lot of time in bland modern hotels on business this was a real treat.Our thanks to all the staff

Ernest & Zena Craske