“Still as good as the last time.”

The Barbican Coffee Shop
Ranked #6 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Penzance
Cuisines: British
Windsor, Berkshire
“Still as good as the last time.”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Being on holiday in Penzance again we just had to go back to the Barbican, which we had visited twice last year. The food was as good as ever, I had a cream tea again and my husband had a Cornish pasty which, he said, was excellent.

1 Thank Portley11

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Great cream teas and very welcoming”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Always have to go to the Barbican for the quality of the cream teas, friendly efficient service in this old and historic building.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank gerardWiltshireUK
Sussex
“Home-made cakes are delicious”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We enjoyed a delicious lunch at the Barbican - I had soup and my husband had a cheese sandwich with salad, followed by a large slice of home-made cake and tea.
Service was good (I ordered at the counter and it was served to us at the table) and we will definitely go there again. We have actually been before on a previous visit to Penzance.
It is not a large venue and you often have to share one of the large tables but this is a delightful little cafe in a historic setting.

1 Thank Seasidedancer
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

years we have been going to Cornwall and the Barbican is one place that is high up on our list of MUST visit. What a lovely lady owner and what a warm welcome we have always had whether its a cup of tea or a light lunch we have been made just as welcome. All of the food served there is home made and absolutely delicious.Care is taken with everything served and it is easy to see that the extra mile has been used with pride from the owner. Both my wife and myself have between us worked our way through the faultless menu. The home made cakes are to die for and even a pot of tea is served with pride and is spot on every time. I love this Lady to bits, its cupboard love of course, and a tear is welling up in my eye as I wished I was there now with a slice of cake, a pot of tea and a FULL tea bag...

3 Thank Mikekc55
Chester, UK
“A Little Treasure”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We found this place by accident, but we were delighted with the service and the quality of the food - by far the best toasted sandwich I have ever had! I had to ask what the cheese was only to find its their own combi of other cheeses. The coffee was real coffee freshly made,and the cakes....... hmmm I am now very hungry.
We went twice so its wasn't a fluke, yummy, will be back

• Visited July 2012