“A very special place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
Cornerways Guest House
Ranked #14 of 83 Penzance B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“A very special place”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I spent my summer holidays in Penzance and could not have found a better place to stay. Matt is an incredible host, warm and welcoming and more than just accommodating. This little B&B is truly a gem, located conveniently near the train station and harbour, and still off the main roads. My room was nice and cosy, and always perfectly serviced. Matt makes sure you are really well looked-after, and always has an insider tip to make your stay there even more enjoyable. If I ever return to Penzance, I will make sure to stay at Cornerways again. Highly recommended, especially for solo travellers such as myself!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Doris L
Matt M, Owner at Cornerways Guest House, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely and encouraging review. I am am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to contribute to your stay in Cornwall. It was a great pleasure to accommodate you and I would be delighted to welcome you again one day. All the best to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Punta del Este
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were transiting Penzance to Isles of Scilly and return. From our booking Cornerways B&B offered exactly what we needed in Penzance.Dynamic communication via e-mail; excellent location for the train station (and short walk to the harbour); airy, clean, comfortable room; acceptable breakfast plus a welcoming owner taking care of all our needs.
We would be happy to return on future visits.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AliciaMPuntadelEste
Matt M, Owner at Cornerways Guest House, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. My staff and I are glad that we were able to make you feel comfortable on your way to/from the Isles of Scilly and that we were able to meet your requirements. I hope to be able to welcome you again one day.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have just returned from my second visit to Cornerways, and have found it to still have the very high standards of my first visit.

Matt is a smashing host, nothing is too much trouble and pays a lot of attention to the little details. Being a solo female traveler it was important to me to have such a warm welcome and information on different things to do in the area and how to get there. The rooms are a resonable price and very clean and tidy. The breakfast couldnt be any better and a great way to start the day

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JoanneS186363
Matt M, Owner at Cornerways Guest House, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you very much indeed for your lovely review. It was so good to have you back. I am delighted that we were able to make you feel welcome and comfortable and that you thoroughly enjoyed your week in Penzance. I do look forward to welcoming you to Cornerways again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great little B&B in Penzance. Easy walk from train (even with heavy luggage). Very clean and neat with a very pleasant host. Matt was very easy to talk to and nothing was a problem. Breakfast terrific and beds very comfortable. Free Wi-Fi a bonus. Great Stay, our friends and ourselves, HIGHLY recommend:)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank GeoffN69
Matt M, Owner at Cornerways Guest House, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you very much indeed for your excellent review and for taking the time to write it. I am more than pleased that the four of you enjoyed your stay at Cornerways. We thoroughly enjoyed having you here and talking to you. I wish you all the very best and would love to welcome you again one day.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I highly recommand this B&B. I got a warm welcome by Matt, the host, who had a nice word to say every day and is very helpful.
Both my room (single room) and the common areas were very clean which I much appreciate. Breakfast was very good as well.
Although it was fine with me, you may find the room a bit small but at least it is comfortable and well equiped (plus many hooks around the room which I am usually missing!).
However, my room was at the front of the house, facing the street, and with a single-glazing window, it proved to be noisy during the night and on the early morning...

Room Tip: If you are looking for a very quiet room, ask to be allocated at the rear of the house.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review and for recommending Cornerways Guest House.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed our food, too. I think it is for sure that any judging of the size of a room has always been subject to personal taste, needs or requirements. But please let me emphasise that all our windows at Cornerways Guest House are double glazed - including the room you stayed in. Much to our regret the streets in central Penzance close to bus and rail stations and all the ameneties are not always as quiet as rural streets. But on the other hand it may be difficult to have both a most central location and the peace and quiet of a village. Thank you for your positive feedback and best wishes from all of us here at Cornerways.
Aberfeldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at this B+B at the end of May 2013. I found the host to be one of the most accommodating individuals I have ever had the pleasure of paying! I thought I had had a couple of slightly odd requests......I needed to store my bike in a safe location and I needed to leave early the next morning. This was not a problem at all. It was too early for breakfast but the owner left me a first class packed lunch - beautifully packed and delicious. It helped me greatly on the first day of my quest to cycle the length of the country and got me to Exeter well fuelled - it was pretty much the perfect packed lunch for a cyclist - lots of flavour and carbs. The room was clean, tidy, well presented (stylish even) and first class value. Matt you are a star. The reviewer who gave this place a low score must have caught Matt on a bad day in my humble opinion.

Room Tip: Ask for a packed lunch - you wont regret it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank lejogmay2013
A big thank you for your most lovely comment. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you had an enjoyable tour to John O'Groats without any problems. I would love to welcome you back to Cornerways one day.
Iserlohn, Germany
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a really lovely stay at the Cornerways guesthouse. There was more than everything you need for a succeed Cornwall trip. The room was very clean, daily tidied up. I was able to choose every moring a different breakfast. Every single morging it was absolutly delicious and fresh cooked. From the cornerways it is only a 3 minute walk to the train and main busstation. Also the towncentre of Penzance is just a few minute walk away. And the pub is just across the road. There isn't any better location for a Guesthouse. The owner and very lovely host had some very good recommendations about the "places to be" in cornwall. The atmosphere was absolutely hearty. I felt very well and I ve enjoyed the time so much. I would love to come back to this wonderful place. Thumbs up for the Cornerways and Penzance. You re doing a great job! Thank you again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your encouraging and lovely comment. My staff and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you to Cornerways Guest House again. Best wishes from West Cornwall!