“Pensioner's Break Spring 2012”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
Cornerways Guest House
Ranked #11 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Just as well I left the cat at home as this was the smallest room I have ever slept in. Beside the single bed was the only floor space, just a 6ft x 7ft triangle. Part of this was taken up by an open-fronted wardrobe and a chair. To one side was a small en-suite containing a shower, small wash basin and toilet. Surprisingly, I managed to find room for all the clothes and gear I had brought for a week's walking holiday. The room and en-suite were clean and fresh with good decor, and everything was in a good state of repair. Towels and bedding were changed regularly. Overall I was very comfortable and warm with central heating coming on morning and night. I cannot fault the breakfasts on choice, quality or quantity. John and Andrea were very good hosts and I would certainly recommend Cornerways as a very good value-for-money gueast house. I did manage to get a peek at the other three bedrooms (a double, a twin and a single) and they were all much bigger than the room I had. I would come again but would ask for Room 1 (single en-suite) rather than the Room 5 I had this time. A final word on parking. I paid £20 for a week's parking in the nearby station car park as all the roads around Cornerways have double yellow lines. However, I noticed that most people ignored these and I didn't see a traffic warden all week.

Room Tip: There are two single en-suite rooms. Room 1 is far superior to Room 5.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank John D

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed here for two weeks and were very pleased with our choice of accommodation.
It was very convenient for both the bus and rail stations. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We received a very warm welcome from Andrea and John, John's breakfast were perfectly cooked and very substantial. Andrea's suggestiions about where to go and how to get there were most helpful. All in all we had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend Cornerways to anyone who wants to visit the south west of Cornwall. It would also be a good place to stay if you wished to visit the Isles of Scilly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jayanem
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Staying in this Bed and Breakfast was an amazing experience ! It was second to none ! The Hospitality was warm and endearing ! Andrea and John went out of their way to make my stay really comfortable and provide for all my needs ! The Location was really spot-on as it was just a short distance from all the places i needed to go to ! The environment was extremely clean and the food fantastic ! This is one Bed and Breakfast i would readily go back to ! It comes highly recommended !!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Elizabeth148
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I used Cornerways as a base for walking around the Coast Path on the wonderful Lands' End peninsular. Andrea and John were very warm and welcoming and were genuinely happy to have a solo booking - not always the case at a lot of B&B's!
The room was plenty big enough and was spotlessly clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very well cooked and filling - just right for a day on the Coast Path - and it was good to have complete freedom to come and go when I liked.
Penzance is well served by buses to so many places on the Coast Path and so I didn't regret leaving my car at home at all, and Cornerways was an ideal B&B to make my base. Only the weather prevented me from completing my planned walks - so, a good excuse to return next year!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Chrislloyd
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed a full week at Cornerways in August 2010, and would definitely return. Andrea and John are warm and conscientious hosts. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The breakfasts are tasty and substantial; and the location is fantastic -- a block from the high street and only a 2-minute walk to the rail or bus station. Overall, Cornerways provides excellent hospitality as well as value for money.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Stayed at Cornerways for 3 nights about mid/late October 2010 as a solo backpacker. Excellent location near the Penzance railway station; the cluster of houses were about 5 minutes up a gentle slope, which posed no problem at all even with my 29 inch roll-about suitcase. Premises were cozy and inviting, and housekeeping was meticulous. My single room (Room 4 or 5?) had thoughtful touches in the form of cookies, coffee, tea, a bottle of mineral water, a packet of tissues, an electric kettle and an alarm clock. Space was a bit tight though, but that really was because I had an awfully huge suitcase. Tariff includes a hearty English breakfast and proprietress Andrea was very kind to offer suggestions and tips on sightseeing; various phamplets and bus guides were also readily available at the reception and in the room. Supermarts and food outlets are within walking distance. Overall, a very pleasant and heartwarming stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank StanSG
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My seventh stay - what more can I say? This loveley guest house and these lovely hosts guarantee you a wonderful stay and a great holiday. A highly recommended place: Spotlessly clean rooms, a great location, a warm atmosphere, and a super breakfast - and Andrea and John do everything imaginable in order to be helpful. Visit this place when you stay in Penzance. I will be back in 2011...

• Stayed: October 2010