“Good even if it is a timewarp!”
Review of Harris Restaurant

Harris Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 187 Restaurants in Penzance
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Roger has been cooking the same food for 25 years, so the menu can seem a bit dated BUT what he does he does very, very well!
Always excellent

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The food here is superb. The restaurant is down a little back alley but if you can find it you will not be disappointed. Lovely and quiet and a pleasure to eat here.

1  Thank GrannieEY
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have been visiting Harris's whenever we get the chance for nearly 30 years. We have never, ever had less than a thoroughly enjoyable evening with really superb food. It is worth a long journey to Penzance just to got there and we have yet to find a better restaurant in the town.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

My wife and I had a meal at Harris' restaurant. We were unimpressed. The portions were small and expensive. When shown the sweets list there were no prices. I suppose they hoped that we would order and then have to accept the cost. (£7.50). We were the only diners that evening. I am not surprised. When we left they dumped our coats on a chair and said, "There are your coats". The two of them just stood there and made no attempt to help. We will never go back.

1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Booked a table for my wife's birthday. We had heard good things about this place and thought it about time we dined. Other reviews on Tripadviser suggest it is 'pricey'. It isn't. It is no more expensive than one would expect to pay at other restaurants. However, the cost is not the issue: the food was amazing. Not merely 'good' - I have eaten at many 'good' places over the years ... Mr Harris (chef/owner for the past 30 years) is someone who knows how food works, how flavours work...
I urge everyone to try this place - it is faultless fine dining: a gem hidden in West Cornwall that would teach the uppity London 'smart' establishments a lesson in cuisine.

1  Thank Paul H