The Longboat Inn
$133
Marazion Hotel(Marazion)
$160
$197
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
$174
$315
Hotel Penzance(Penzance)
Boskerris Hotel(Carbis Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssteak nightrailway stationpub hotelselection of beersdaily specialsfirst floorlong weekendcar parkfantastic locationensuite bathroomen routefish and chipsscilly islestown centrewarm welcomesingle roomminack theatre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2013

On a night out in Penzance, so I was just looking for a place to sleep for the night. No frills required. The Longboat is ideal, great price and a central location. Despite this, I didn't notice any noise and my single room was fairly spacious - I would definitely have been happy to stay there for much longer if I had wanted a longer stay. You couldn't exactly describe this as a luxury hotel, but it was clean and well maintained, and great value for money. Will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kernow_I
Reviewed February 1, 2013

From arrival to departure, the staff and the quality of service provided were spot on ,quality beers , varied menus and a local atmosphere - Downstairs. Upstairs - take a tour of cornwall as you head to bed,lol, the room i had for the nite had been recently refurbed and from the firm mattress to the crackin shower in the mornin - a sound nite's sleep . Breakfast - best poached eggs on toast ive had in ages , never knew you could cook martyn !!!!! lol .Martyn , Lynda , Chris and their team - cheers chaps, thank you 4 a quality bit o B n B . see you again soon .....

Room Tip: start at the bar and work your way up the stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I just stayed there for 2 nights and there is absolutely nothing bad I can say about it. Ryan and all the staff were helpful and friendly. They were all so eager to help and always had a smile on their faces. Makes a world of difference when you feel someone genuinely cares. The room was great. It had everything I needed and was very clean. The food was delicious and I ate there for breakfast(included with the room price) and dinner both days. It was great value for everything it had and plus it was a 2 second walk from the train and bus stations which came really handy when exploring outside of Penzance. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone staying in Penzance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Jkrasy
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here for a night back in December 2012 to go to a gig in the town. After looking around online at comparable places to stay in Penzance, I found the Longboat Inn was the best value, both in terms of price and location right next to the station, and just because it's a really welcoming place. They've got the best of both pub and b&b worlds, IMO. It feels like a lovely little b&b in terms of having good rooms with all the usual tea/coffee/free wifi/ensuite bathroom with fluffy towels stuff, a little communal sitting room which was all decorated for Christmas at the time, and a little dining/breakfast room off to the side of the main part of the pub. Meanwhile, the pub itself has a great traditional atmosphere, warm wood panelled-walls (that again looked very festive all decked out for Christmas) and a decent menu. Bar staff are friendly and helpful, and offered to let us leave our bags behind on the morning that we checked out so we could go off and explore Land's End hands-free. Also, it turned out half the band who played the gig were billeted there so had we wanted to we could've approached them for autographs over breakfast....:) And as the final cherry on the cake of our experience at the Inn, their Monday night curry + drink of your choice offer for a phenomenal £7.00 (or similarly cheap price - can't remember exactly) came up trumps when our train home was cancelled and we needed a morale boost before boarding the later one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cha1slemonom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have just returned from 2 nights at the Longboat 30/31st December.
A big thanks to Ryan and all the staff the service was excellent as was the food.
The rooms were clean and recently decorated.
we had my 2 year old Grandson in our party and nothing was to much trouble some places can make you feel guilty for taking little people with you, not the Longboat.
I would definitly recomend the Longboat and will stay again.
Only tip get a room at the back as the street was noisy but only to be expected on New Years Eve.
Once again thanks to Ryan and all the staff

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family