Pencrebar Guest House
$70
$221
$214
  • Breakfast included
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$94
$98
$71
  • Beachfront
$86
Great Western Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$88
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for couple of nights and couldn't fault the Pencrebar! The rooms were spotless and cleaned daily, the milk was also topped up in the fridge, our bed re-made and the bathroom mopped. The parking is literally a two minute walk away and as very few of the b and bs in the area seemed to have parking - I found the £3 a night charge acceptable. Breakfast was hot, delicious and plentiful. Mike was extremely friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend the Pencrebar - Mike and Gill clearly take pride in their business and they're really good at it. Look forward to returning next year! Lisa and Alex.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lisafrancis85
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed for the weekend and it suited my group perfectly. The rooms were clean and showers great. The breakfast was decent, Mike was pleasant and helpful, and the location is fantastic.
Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Sort and sweet stay but have to say very pleased all round thank you Mike for being so welcoming, we will be going back there. even more so that there now rated by TripAdvisor as we spoke about it with Mike the day before he got his sticker to say that his B&B is highly rated. Well done Mike.
George and Phoebe Curtis

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank George C
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The Pencrebar is one of the cleanest establishments I have ever stayed in and credit must be given to this fact.
On the whole I found Mike to be a welcoming person, alas this was marred by an 'off day', whereby I felt he treated us like he was a landlord to longstanding tenants and not as a genuine host to paying guests.
This was unacceptable behaviour and did not bode well for an appraisal and ongoing recommendation to the tourist authority for upgrading.
No hint of a modest remuneration as a goodwill gesture for lost days either.
I would have been happy to have given 5 stars.
In retrospect I have to give the establishment itself 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The owner was very welcoming and went out of his way to make us comfortable. The bedroom was clean and tidy and the fridge was a great bonus and very quiet so it didnt keep us awake. It was very cramped however and the TV was no larger than the screen of my laptop. The ensuite is very dated with an avacado suit. The bath has hardly any enamel left on the bottome leaving it rough and grubbyl The bottom of the shower curtain was mouldy. The cooked breakfast was very nice and cooked well. We weren't aware that the parking is quite far from the hotel and hidden away. I didn't like leaving my brand new car away from where I was staying. You also have to pay £3 a night for the privelage.. Our view was overlooking a flat roof and grey walls with graffiti. We won't stay again due to the parking otherwise we would consider it if the bathroom was a bit nicer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com