“Not what I was expecting, but great food.”
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Ranked #26 of 240 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
London, United Kingdom
“Not what I was expecting, but great food.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This was our penultimate evening meal of our fantastic 9 nights in Cornwall.
We had eaten at our hotel whilst in Morgan Porth's Scarlet.
We had a need to experience a lobster fix.

When we arrived at the harbour I must admit we nearly didn't go in. I don't know why but I didn't get the run down look.

However venture inside and you won't be disappointed. The service was helpful and friendly and the food and drink outstanding.

I had to try a starter and plumped for a small mussels portion and we both order lobster. When my 'small' bowl turned up I wondered just how big the main course version could be. They were wonderful.

After I made my way through the moules, we eagerly awaited our lobsters..... They were massive,
Armed with all the armoury of tools we got stuck in.

I has to take a picture of one of the claws... It was massive.

As we only ordered a portion of fries as a side dish to share we hadn't asked for any more, however the lobsters were served with a very sad looking salad and coleslaw. But that didn't take away any impact of the beautiful crustacean. I'm just being picky...

So all in all, this is a place to be tried. Perhaps more than once... But go hungry as you certainly won't come away without your belt slackened off a notch or two.

Newquay, United Kingdom
“Amazing place to have your wedding !!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had our wedding at the Boathouse last Saturday and all I can say is that it was absolutely superb!! The staff were so on hand and efficient , the food was amazing and the location is great . A big thank you to all concerned and i would highly recommend this place to anyone who enjoys fresh fish and seafood in abundance !!

Hants, England
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Really interesting place to eat, looking out over the harbour. No crabs when we were there, possibly due to stormy weather. Staff very helpful. Scallop starter lovely. Dog bowl suggests it might be dog friendly though we didn't enquire.

Polmont, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Could eat here every night. Food was amazing, great quality and choice and the view while dining was first class at the harbour. Always book if its holiday season, very busy!

Visited September 2013
wiltshire
“Expensive”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very expensive, having eaten numerous( fruits of the sea) I can say this is the worst I have eaten I would not even call it fruits of the sea. It consisted of mussels mackerel, 2 halfs of very empty lobster,and millions of crab claws the bits that fall of when the fisherman catch them. Costing pennies to buy.we were charged nearly £60.00 for a shared platter. The service was terrible we always waiting for something. We had to ask for finger bowls,water, serviettes. I can only say never again.

1 Thank holidaypairWiltshire