“all was excellent”

Geckos Rest
Ranked #2 of 106 Newquay B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 31, 2012

we stayed as a family of 4 for a short break and had a fantastic time.the place was very clean,the owners made you feel very welcome and we happily returned after our active days out back to this nice place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Attention to detail was spot on ! We even had a plastic foot step for chidren in the room. Breakfast was very filling and delicious. Owners are very accommodating and allowed us to have our dinner in the dinning room.I am very fusy with cleanliness and found this guest house extremly clean.We had the family room which was very well laid out with bunk beds and even separete TV & DVD for children.

We will be going there again as I love Cornwall and surrondings. Many thanks to Amy & John for our lovely stay. Mr & Mrs Pert

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Best Breakfast
Best Room
Best Location
Best owners
Cleanest BB/Hotel we have ever been in it really is home from home.
Thank you Amy and John for the great service you provide
The view from the room we were in (10) was amazing.
We will return as i suspect most others will also.
We stayed 15/10/12 TO 21/10/12

All the best Chris and Kay from Sheffield

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Was very close to booking the Headlands Hotel for the weekend whilst being in Newquay for a wedding. However my girlfriend came across this place. Its painful to admit but she chose well (for once!) My girlfriend and I travel quite a lot and for that reason we use TripAdvisor very regularly however I rarely bother to add my own opinion.

However with this BnB I felt compelled to add our support to the already great reviews that have been added. Firstly the owners, very helpful and friendly from the moment we arrived. We checked in a lot earlier than the requested time with no problems at all. They are both very knowledgeable on the local area and were on hand to advise on restaurants etc..

The location is also really good, the town center is easily accessible on foot.

The BnB itself, is very nice. Our double room was very spacious and clean. (really nice washing powder used on the linen!) The BnB also offers free WiFi which we used a few times and found it to be a really good service.

One minor negative I would mention would be the water pressure. Despite the shower room being very modern the shower itself was fairly weak. However with that being our only disappointment of the stay and a rather minor one at that, it really does reflect how good this place is.

Would definitely recommend this place to friends and family and if we visit Newquay again we will not hesitate to stay at Geckos Rest.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very friendly staff and very helpful too :)
There are plenty of B&B's but this was the best value for money in my opinion.
Communication prior to staying was impeccable and the booking process was nice and easy.
Also remember that October onwards the parking restrictions are relaxed in the town which helps.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fly_Boy_Blue
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We always go on holiday abroad but because of my husbands illness we have had to stay in England. My brother and his wife invited us to go to Newquay with them, we booked in the same B & B the Geckos Rest and it was great John and Amy are really nice people and nothing is too much trouble for them. We stayed in one night and John drove to the Chinese takeaway for us to bring our dinner, he set the table and brought us a wine bucket full of ice for our wine and when we had finished Amy cleared up for us, we thought that was really great. The rooms we had were all newly decorated and furnished they were equal to any good hotel. We will definitely stay there again if we visit Newquay again. We wish John and Amy all the best Pat,Colin John and Viv.

Room Tip: The newly furnished ones on the top floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat C
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I chose this guest house because of the remarkable reviews I had read on different sights. Travelling alone, I booked a double room and was very pleased. It was better than some five star hotels I've stayed in. Marvellous large bed with crisp fresh linen, and a brand new bathroom. Normally, I do not eat a cooked breakfast, but decided on my first day to give it a try. Needless to say, I ordered it every morning as the cooking and presentation was exceptional. In fact Amy and John were so helpful in every way I extended my booking, and used it as a base to tour Cornwall villages every day.(Newquay bus station is only five minutes away). I do suggest you consider staying here for a short or long break, as I know you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo