“What a find!”

Ranked #50 of 107 Newquay B&B and Inns
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Following some last minute searches and trip advisor recommendations we booked St Breca and what a little gem. Michelle and Nick were very welcoming, chatty and helpful. Lovely room, clean and tidy with a very comfy bed! Perfect location for town, beach and exploring further afield. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2014
stbreca, Owner at St. Breca Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for your review.
St Breca is central to the town and an ideal place to stay to visit Newquay.
We look forward to seeing you again soon
Michelle & Nick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Visited for one night on my own. I should point out that I paid £35 and obviously you're not expecting too much for that.
I was greeted my the owner and she was chatty and nice and she owe me to my room, undoubtably the smallest in the place, to be expected. The room was tiny but seemed to have all the facilities usually offered. Although not very pretty and the windows were filthy, seemed to have cracks in them, and it generally felt a little unloved. The mattress was not comfy, but this is probably the last room they would spend their money on.
The toilet and shower room was down a corridor and some steps which, again, I knew it was not en suite.
Saying that, the bathroom was tiny, I am 5ft 2 and I couldn't sit on the loo straight or my knees would have hit the wall.. God knows what a 6ft bloke would do..
The shower was simple but fine, although something to put your bottles etc. On would be useful. Also the temperate at it's lowest was far too hot..what you do after that I don't know.
Also no sink in the bathroom, so you are expected to use the loo, then touch the door on your way out, go to your room and wash your hands.. I am actually surprised it's not a basic requirement to provide a basin in the same room as a loo.

Again, I didn't pay much so I can't really complain but this place would not suit parents of young children, I have a five year old that would be pretty hungry by 9am when breakfast service starts. I had to be somewhere at 9am so couldn't take advantage of the breakfast included in the price. Clearly wouldn't suit anyone working in town or that wanted an early get away for the day. Never come across such a late breakfast. Reason seems to only be that the owners are young and childless and don't want to get up very early.

It was a bed for the night, but didn't go above that.

Stayed July 2014
stbreca, Owner at St. Breca Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we are sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations.
The room you stayed in is being refurbished in October, with new windows.
Early breakfast is available on request, but our guests are on holiday and 9.00am suits most families.

We have owned the St Breca Guest House for 10 years, and though we thank you for your comments on our age, we are both in our 30's and have young children.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Nick & Michelle cannot do enough for you. They and their family are warm and friendly, Greeted with smiling faces which continued throughout our stay. All 11 of us went home happy. Thank you for helping us with -where to go including beaches, restaurants and bars. The breakfasts were spot on. The beds were comfortable-out like a light. The location was ideal- just a short walk in to town. There was even plenty of parking space for the mini-bus at all times.
Big thanks to you and your family from all of us.
Kindest regards
Mark

Room Tip: The rooms have different layouts and are different sizes. I had a double bed with ensuite. I only e...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.
At St Breca we try to accommodate everyone groups, families, couples.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you all again soon
Michelle & Nick
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I came to stay at St Breca for one night prior to a wedding in Newquay, and I was very very happy with the experience I had staying there.

We got there late at night, but Nick and Michelle were able to accommodates such inconvenience. We stayed in a double room (non en-suite) which was well furnished with very comfortable beds, and had a pleasant, undisturbed night's sleep.

The breakfast was great too; a fantastic fry-up, good coffee, what more can a man want on a Saturday morning? Nick and Michelle were then flexible about what time we left our room which was really helpful.

A lovely b&b, a stone's throw from Newquay's high street, very friendly owners, all for £20! I'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
stbreca, Owner at St. Breca Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
We hope that you enjoyed the wedding and glad that you had a wonderful stay here at St Breca
We look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed in lost of places in newquay and this is by far the best place i have stayed in will no doubt be staying here again!! Great rooms, great breakfast and very friendly would strongly recommend staying here

• Stayed April 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Over 20 young farmers spent the weekend at St Breca, we were made to feel very welcome not only on arrival but throughout our stay, the B&B was in the perfect location, amazing breakfast and clean rooms. We will be staying here again!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank rachael b
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you want to get away I suggest you book here it is the most friendly place I have ever been. The rooms are amazing the beds are so comfy that even with mine and my girlfriends bad back it felt so good. The owners are friendly they will chat to you and tell you good places to go plus the breakfast is the best fry up we have ever had. We will hopefully be visiting again in may but for longer this time just so we can spend more time there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
stbreca, Owner at St. Breca Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hi Vicky,
Thank you very much for your review.
We aim to make our guest feel like its a home from home and are glad that you enjoyed our relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
We look forward to seeing you again later on in the year.
Michelle