“Loved it”
Review of The Stable

The Stable
Ranked #17 of 250 Restaurants in Newquay
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our most scenic Stable to date has breathtaking, panoramic views over one of Britain's most famous beaches, Fistral Beach. Watch the surf from our balcony or nestle beside the log fire inside and catch the dramatic winter storms. A truly stunning location with an abundance of fine local produce and a plentiful supply of cider. Breakfast - 10am - 11.00am Food - 12 - 10pm Closing Times: 11pm Sunday - Thursday. 11.30pm Friday - Saturday.
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

A great place to eat and drink with fantastic veiws...pizzas are ace and cider menu fantastic..along with pleasant staff and quick service i would highly recommend The Stable to anyone...although i only used whilst on holiday i look forward to coming back again already...5 stars

1  Thank Lee L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We visited here twice whilst in Newquay, the first time based on it being recommended to us and the second because of its 'Tuck in Tuesday' offer, which included any of their pizzas, pies or salads as well as salad from the salad bar and a drink for £10 which seemed reasonable as it offers a good discount on their normal prices.

The place has a vibrant feel and the views across Fistral Beach were great, especially at sunset. The seating is primarily 'bench style' though, which means that you may be seated with other people if you are a party of two for example. Also, very few tables are actually by the window, which is a bit of a shame really. You have no other choice than to pay for parking too, due to its location.

The pizzas were very nice, with a crispy thin base and imaginative toppings. The salads we had were tasty too.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We had pizzas and pies and salads. All delicious and the chocolate brownies were the best I have had in a restaurant. My 3 children enjoyed the big tables and watching the surfing from the huge windows! Friendly and helpful staff. Thank you.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I won't knock this restaurant for my bad choices. First off it's right on the beach which is why I went, because I was too lazy to walk back into town. I thought I liked cider so got excited when I saw they had a lot of choices. I did not realize they had 80 choices. I was so overwhelmed by the list, I decided to try the tasting menu. I should not have done this. After sitting down with it, I realized that I just bought 1L of alcohol and would not be able to consume it all. At that point it was too late. I really only enjoyed 2/5 of the ciders in the tasting menu, and one I found almost undrinkable. I wish I had gone with my gut and ordered a pint of something I would really enjoy. However, this was my foolish decision and was not the fault of the restaurant! That being said, there is a cider for every one! Just ask the people at the bar for help picking one instead of rushing like me. I also had a pizza, which was fine. It's a bit more of a thin crust pizza, and had a lot of cheese but lacked flavor so I used some of the chili oil provided on the table for a bit more zip. A bit more of a family style seating arrangement, so don't be surprised if you're cozied up to a couple on other side.

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

My fiancee and I went for dinner as we had heard good things and we weren't disappointed. Very tasty pizzas and cider.
Would recommend the cider tasting board, good value and let's you find what you like.
The view of the sunset was amazing and a great photo opportunity.
As mentioned in another review, the tables are long so if you go as a couple you might find yourself sharing with a family as happened with us. Not a problem for us but might affect someone's plans to propose!
Definitely recommend.