“Delicious Food and Great Service!”
Review of Bush Pepper

Bush Pepper
Ranked #2 of 240 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A fresh Australian restaurant, with a casual dining experience, using a mix of local Cornish and Australian produce. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee and cakes.
Wincanton
“Delicious Food and Great Service!”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

We found the Bush Pepper over the Bank Holiday weekend and went in to ask if they had a table. The waiter said they were fully booked but could fit us in if we were happy to leave by around 7.30pm. This was perfect for us with a young child. We had a really delicious meal, not overpriced in our opinion, the portion sizes were just right for us. The desserts were equally delicious. We had one more night in Newquay so we booked for the following evening. The staff remembered what we'd had the previous night and we had another wonderful meal. Compliments to the chef and all the staff. This restaurant has a really nice atmosphere and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience there.

2 Thank ClarasKeeper

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“food lovely,although not enough of it and overpriced.”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Called in with girlfriend when in Newquay after reading the reviews , staff didn't seem overly welcoming , i ordered kangaroo trio and my girlfriend the salmon. Both dishes were lovely however i could of eaten it twice ,and we both left still feeling hungry ,and wishing we'd tried elsewhere.

1 Thank daniel c
Chris B, Owner at Bush Pepper, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Hi
Sorry to here we did not fill you up. The complimentary bread and dukkah and a main is usually sufficient to fill a person up. May I suggest to try the 400gm Rump steak next time as I am a big eater and I struggle to get through it. Also we try to leave people with a little room for a special dessert.

Kind regards

Chris
Owner/Chef
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

8 of us dined at Bush Pepper this weekend. We had a lovely evening and were all very well looked after. The complimentary homemade bread with dip was a nice way to start off the meal. We couldn't resist the sharing platter to start which was plentiful. The calimari was absolutely delicious. I went for the mixed kangaroo main as I have not eaten it for years and it was lovely. Those who had the steaks were very satisfied. I tried a bit of the bush pepper sauce and it was delicious. I was eying up the desserts all evening but ended up being too full. Some of us went back for breakfast and I indulged in the pancakes which were a real treat. We will be coming back next time we are in Newquay and wish the owners Chris and Heather every success with their restaurant!

1 Thank Mand2014163
“Awesome food and service”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We came here on a recommendation from our hotel and we were definitely glad we did. The four of us each ordered a different main course and dessert which we all thoroughly enjoyed. Personally I had the kangaroo which I'd never tried before but would definitely recommend it and the homemade sorbet which was equally good. My friends also tried my kangaroo and agreed it was delicious.
All of the staff were very friendly and Chris the owner came to chat to us at the end of the evening.
Would definitely come here again.

1 Thank Michellesh23
Oulton Broad, United Kingdom
“Excellent! ”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere. I had the duck, my husband the kangaroo loin - both excellent. Great value for money.