“Delicious and well priced, great run away from boardmasters food!”
Review of Bush Pepper

Bush Pepper
Ranked #4 of 253 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A fresh Australian restaurant, with a casual dining experience, using a mix of local Cornish and Australian produce. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee and cakes.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Considering the price and lack of taste of the food at the boardmasters festival held here last week me and some friends came here and were pleasantly surprised! The food was rich in flavour and at a a cheap price- it actually worked out cheaper eating here than at the festival! Well done, we aim to come back next year!

1  Thank smithygal

Reviewed August 12, 2014

The lunch menu is very reasonably priced for the size of the dish. i don't really understand the names of the dishes on the menu or if the restaurant has a theme or cuisine in mind. However the food is good and the waiters were friendly. I ordered a cranberry juice the second time we visited and only received a tiny glass. A bottle of tap water was provided the first visit but not he second when we arrived and asked for the lunch menu's. So the second visit to this restaurant I left feeling thirsty.
Very nice lunch. The restaurant was very clean and nicely set out and decorated. Would definitely try the evening menu.
P.S few options for veggie diners

1  Thank So_Sa2918
Chris B, Manager at Bush Pepper, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Thank you for your feedback today.
As we are a new business we are always trying to make a better customer experience for Bush Pepper, which is a lightly Australian themed restaurant. I am assuming you were referring to our focaccia selection for lunch with the unusual names. These names are all famous places around Australia, for example the Great Barrier Reef, which is a smoked salmon focaccia.
I am sorry to here that you did not receive a bottle of tap water on your second visit, this was a mistake on our behalf and we are sincerely sorry. In regards to the cranberry juice we offer two sizes a 230ml and a 440ml. I look forward to having the opportunity to cook the evening menu for you as this where my real passion for food is.

Kind regards
Chris
Owner/Chef

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

The food was good and the setting was nice but I'm not sure it's a restaurant I would choose to visit again, I didn't get any 'wow' factor from it. It was very quiet inside, not much of an atmosphere.
I ordered a sirloin steak well done with Bush Pepper sauce, which was cooked perfectly for me so the food was good but the experience was average.

Chris B, Owner at Bush Pepper, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Sorry you have not enjoyed the atmosphere of our restaurant, it must of been a quiet part of the night as we have been booked out most nights this week. We have only just opened Bush Pepper within the last 2 to 3 months so any suggestions to help improve our new restaurant is all ways appreciative.
I am glad you have enjoyed your steak and hope you might consider returning to us as there is a great selection of tasty dishes still to try off the menu.

Kind regards

Chris
Owner/Chef

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Been here few times - both for lunch & dinner. Service was always excellent, location is right in the middle of town, no beach view but its very close to newquay harbour and fistral beach. The food is good but there is definitely a room for improvement. Although..this is definitely on the top spot for a good dining experience in newquay.
Lastly.. Try the upside down mango cheesecake, its the best!
I will definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I went with a group of friends and we shared a variety of starters and all had different mains, everyone enjoyed their meals. The desserts were amazing especially the passionfruit and banana pavlova.
Thanks for looking after us Roi.
x