“Great B&B for a short break away”

St.Bernards Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 107 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Just got back from a wonderful short stay in St Bernards. Location is fantastic! The owners are really welcoming and friendly. You get offered a mini fridge in your room when you arrive. Our room was small and cosy. You can get a take away and eat it in their breakfast room if you wanted to, you just have to let them know first. Great selection of dvds if you wanted a night in. My only criticism is that the pillows in the room weren't amazing, but I'm spoilt at home because I recently bought a memory foam pillow, so that could just be my own fault.
Couldn't believe how clean everything was, I don't think I saw a speck of dust - anywhere!
Breakfast was nice, everything was grilled so it actually felt like a healthy full breakfast (I'll keep trying to convince myself of that).
B&B is a 5-10 minute walk from the beach and Newquay town centre is literally around the corner. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Great place, just refurbished, Big rooms, great breakfast with lots of options.
Hosts are amazing, helpful and make you feel really welcome. Very central and quiet. Totally recommend it and will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I arrived here on the 22nd, a bit hesitant and unsure of what to expect as I had read some really bad reviews on booking.com, well, honestly, after 5 mins in the door I was completely blown away. from the moment I walked in I was greeted warmly and felt right at home, The room was amazing, bed was comfortable and really couldn't ask for more. Breakfast was delicious, I have nothing bad to say about this place!! Amazing service, John even had a look at my SD card after it became corrupted, thank you so much John and Louise for your AMAZING hospitality, I did NOT want to leave!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Asko K
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just stayed here and was so impressed I am writing my first trip advisor review! Extremely friendly and accommodating to my needs. Very clean and nicely appointed. Breakfast was excellent and although my room was small it was so so much better than I was expecting for the very reasonable price. Will be staying here again should the need arise. Many thanks!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Sirbenjaminben82
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have stayed at the St Bernards 4 times It gets better every time Louise & John both work very hard to make your holiday perfect.

Breakfast choice is really good,excelent food.

We have visited Newquay most years since 1972 St Bernards must be one of the BEST places we have stayed, we really recommend to anyone to give St Bernards a try, you won't be disappointed Keep up the good work Louise & John see you next year.

Room Tip: all room are Good
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BillSheila2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife and I were very fortunate to find an excellent B&B in Newquay which catered for pets. Louise , and her husband made us very welcome from the start. The room was very spacious very clean and had all the faciliies that you would expect from a high quality B&B, the breakfast was also excellent with the produce sourced locally. It is located close to all amenities (about 50 yards from the centre of town in a quiet area). Louise very kindly gave us a map and showed us where we could eat in the town at restaurants where dogs were welcome. We will stay there again next year. We recommend this B&B to anyone but particularly dog owners. Thanks Louise and your husband.

Brian & Sue

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 307BrianM
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We came for the Bank Holiday break and had a perfect stay. Ideal location, being only short walk from the beach. Amazing hospitality from Louise and John. Very impressed with the room and breakfast space. Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone coming to Newquay!
Agnieszka and Leon