“Great stay with a great staff!”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I mean every time I come down to Newquay and stay here you can't fault this hotel... The staff really make you feel welcome! The only issue I would have especially with the cold/damp temperature were having is the heat turns off at 11pm and I'm afraid the room gets a bit nippy in the early hours of the morning. (I know some may say what are you doing up? For a 4star hotel you should have a choice) I had a spa treatment this was excellent. The only other thing would be perhaps a little more diversity for the bar room menu.. In respect to some of my criticisms a brilliant stay with an excellent friendly team of staff!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Hi

Thank you for your review and I will take you comments on board. We look forward to seeing you again in the summer.

Becky Higginson (General Manager) and the team at The Fistral Beach Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,128)

Reviewed January 29, 2014

What can I say about this hotel FANTASTIC most rooms have a sea view. The room was very well furnished to a high standard with great views of Fistral beach all the staff were very polite and professional in everything they done. All the meals were wonderful and served by a wonderful team of people. If you are in Newquay check out this hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Hi

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Great staff make this a very good hotel. The location is great and room very clean. The only advice is book the spa before you arrive it was booked out. Had a great weekend as others have stated the rooms are hot. I will return again in the future.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mange1977

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Decided to book the Fistral Beach for my annual solo trip away after looking at the previous reviews.

I was certainly not disappointed. From the moment I arrived to the moment I checked out I was very impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of all the team I met or came across during my long weekend break. I had booked a sea view room and was nicely surprised to be upgraded to the same but with a double balcony. This meant that both the bedroom and bathroom had super views across Fistral Beach itself and despite the inclement weather was still able to open the patio doors and enjoy the sounds of the waves breaking. The room was very spacious, clean and furnished to a high standard.

The meals were also to a high standard, well presented and good value for money. Served by a wonderful team of friendly professionals.

I also took the opportunity to enjoy the spa facilities which are good and had a treatment which was very comfortable, enjoyable and professionally administered.

I was offered a quick peak at the Fistral Suite which has it's own proper jacuzzi which can be enjoyed in privacy with super views across the bay. Ideal for romantic weekends, or as a honeymoon suite.

If you're looking for quality accommodation with all the trimmings you must consider this hotel. Whether it be as a single traveller, romantic/couples break or family get-together.

I certainly hope to return in the not too distance future.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony as they offer more light and viewing options.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Dear Mike

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to one of our best rooms. The ones with a double balcony are something special. When you are looking to return in the future make sure you let us know that you have stayed before as you will be entitled to our loyalty discount. At the moment this means you receive 15% credit on you room bill to spend in the bar, restaurant and spa.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife & her daughter visited as a birthday treat. They came home very relaxed & happy having had a great time. They could not fault anything about their stay and have recommended it to friends & family. The afternoon tea was fabulous I have seen the photos!!! My wife & I are looking to book soon for the two of us.

Room Tip: We had a sea view room which was lovely but the same view is available from the restaurant and bar s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Steve

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that your wife and daughter enjoyed their Birthday treat and that we were able to help to make it a special occasion. I will have to agree with you the afternoon tea is a speciality here and the cakes are delicious. We look forward to welcome you and your wife back in the near future.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My other half and i stayed for 3 nights as a treat for the new year. The hotel sits above the bay on Fistral beach therefore the location is great. The decor throughout the hotel is quite contemporary without being "starck" and as we went during the festive season the hotel had been adorned with tasteful decorations which made the place very welcoming . We had booked one of their "best room" and that included a large balcony that can be accessed from the bedroom but also the bathroom!Our room was very clean and so was the bathroom. The bedroom although pleasantly decorated lacked in my opinion some "wow" factor as although everything was in the right place and working it didnt "ball you over "when you open the door to your bedroom for the first time !But when you step onto the balcony i guess thats when you go "wow" as the views are great over the massive sandy beach!And the same lovely views can be enjoyed from almost everywhere in this hotel through the large bay windows of the restaurant and bar . The food in the restaurant we thought was ok but a bit over priced and lacking in choices ...in fact we had better and cheaper meals in the bar . The breakfast which is served in the restaurant( where you also get fantastic views of the bay )was good but we tend to prefer a buffet where you help yourself as my partner has got a large appetite and likes to make several visits to the "buffet spread".The hot breakfast menu is good but you have to order it from the waiter/waitress that comes to your table . The selection of cold food could have been better especially with breads , pastries and cereals choices . I was also disappointed the orange juice wasnt the "freshly squeezed" type(partial to a good juice to start the day!) which i guess you would expect from a 4* hotel.We had several treatments in the spa and that was great . The spa is very welcoming and we were very well looked after and enjoyed our treatments . But my favourite time at the hotel was spent at the swimming pool which is beautiful and spotlessly clean ...The dark blue ceiling of the pool sparkles with tiny stars and along with the relaxing music that is being played , we spent a very pleasant and relaxing couple of hours in there while the weather outside was causing havoc!We had a few issues with our shower not working properly and our room not being cleaned, although we had requested for it to be done while we were out, and we had to ask 3 times before it eventually got done but praise to the manageress Becky who upon hearing about our issues was very quick in contacting us and took one of our spa treatment off our bill as a good will gesture ! I must say that the best asset of this hotel (apart from the views) is the staff as they are very friendly and genuinely helpful . The all place though smart has got a very relaxed atmosphere which is great!In fact some guests felt a bit too relaxed perhaps as they were turning up for breakfast bare feet and in their pj bottoms which made us smile!The town of Torquay was a bit of a let down as not much going on there but the scenery of Fistral beach and surroundings areas and lovely long walks made up for that! Nearby i would recommend going to Lewinnick lodge , 5 minutes drive from the hotel ,for a meal as the views across the sea from there are possibly even more dramatic! I still miss these incredible views of the sea from the bath (yes the bath)...Many thanks to all the staff at Fistral for looking after us!:-)

Room Tip: Go for one of their "best room" with balcony!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your New Year break with us. Once again please accept my sincere apologise regarding the issues with Housekeeping but I am pleased that I was able to assist you and help turn your stay around. I will agree with you that are staff are our best assist here, apart from the amazing view! I hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Had a girlie weekend for a friends 60th birthday, bedrooms were well maintained and the view from the rooms were beautiful, staff and evening meals were great, spa and pool were lovely and the treatments were great, would thoroughly recommend it.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Lisa C

Dear Lisa

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am pleased you have enjoyed your second visit and I hope that we are able to welcome you back for a third. Just remember if you do visit again, make sure you let us know as you are now part of our loyalty club which means you will receive 15% credit on check in to spend in the bar, spa or restaurant.

Becky Higginson