“Almost....”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning of July as part of our road trip around Cornwall and surrounding area. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed in at the time and we chose it because we knew the area from previous visits and from the reviews on TA.
We booked a 'best room' which included a fantastic view over Fistral beach. The room was very nice with tea, coffee making facilities and biscuits! The bathroom was very clean although one of the shower rings was broken and never replaced during our stay. Also when we used the shower it was difficult to get it to stay at a controlled temperature it kept running very hot and the tap which controlled the temperature came off in your hand! At first we put it down to perhaps everyone using it at the same time but as it was still the same the next day we reported it to reception who said it would be fixed. Next time in the shower it ran cold for most of the time and the tap still came of in your hand! Beware if you stay in room 215 - I wonder if it is fixed yet!

We did use the pool in the spa and the Jacuzzi - both of these were very well maintained.

Breakfast was good although the first morning we came down around 9.00 and a few minutes later staff were clearing away. Breakfast finishes at 9.30 am so on other mornings we came down earlier!
We had chosen to include our evening meal in our stay and were glad we had. The food was delicious and not to be faulted. The restaurant staff were efficient as were the bar staff. The receptionists could have been more friendly, often didn't greet you when you walked through. When I made the booking by phone the receptionist asked me if it was for a special occasion and I told her it was my birthday during our stay and she said they would organise something for it, however this was never acknowledged.
We did choose to pay for a car parking space, £10 per day. At first it seemed we could just have parked in the car park but by Friday morning the car park was very busy so if you're staying at the weekend or school holidays it could be worth it if you want to secure a spot.
I really wanted to love this hotel but left feeling slightly dissapointed with it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Sunnyshades, thank you for your review, I can assure you that all feedback both positive and negative is appreciated. Regarding the maintenance issues in your room I would like to assure you that they have been addressed. For breakfast we offer a continental buffet and then all hot items are cooked to order. Some mornings when we have large private groups in or a conference we do put on a hot buffet for them however all of hotel residents receive an a la carte style breakfast. I am sorry that you left the hotel feeling disappointed and I would very much like to opportunity to discuss this further with you, if you are happy to do so then please email me directly on manager@fistralbeachhotel.co.uk.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We've not been to Cornwall for years and found this resort on late rooms. We couldn't fault any part of our stay. The hotel was in a perfect possision for the beach, only a 5min walk. The staff couldn't have been any more polite and friendly. The food was amazing. I'm already looking at booking another break at this hotel. To top it off, my wife thought the spar was great. I would recomend this to anyone thinking about it. 5 stars all the way.

• Stayed: July 2013
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your views with fellow travellers, it is lovely to read that you have such a fantastic time and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We got this hotel as part of a deal so I wasn't expecting anything great, we had a sea view room which was stunning with a huge open plan bathroom and the most impressive view of fistral beach.
The location is perfect with a really relaxed vibe.
All the staff we came across were friendly and really helpful. The evening meals in the resaurant were included in our stay and I'm so glad we ate there as the food was gorgeous - well done fistral beach you've got it sorted :)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you martinandnina for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Had a fantastic weekend at The Fistral Beach hotel, the staff were all friendly, helpful and smiling which instantly made you feel relaxed and welcome.
The hotel is in a lovely location with great views of the bay while you are having your meals, we had a three course dinner and the food was superb, especially the chocolate fondue 
The hotel and rooms have all been refurbished to a high standard with a nice relaxing atmosphere.
Will hopefully be able to visit again soon and upgrade to one of the ocean view rooms, that I wish I would have booked at the time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Lisa, it is lovely to read that you had such a fantastic time staying with us. I will agree the sea views are definitely worth waking up to but you can always make the most of the amazing views from either the bar or the brand new decking. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

my wife and i stayed here for our anniversary. very friendly service, rooms perfect, location perfect. hard to find any faults, except no shower... We were tempted to stay in our sea-view room as much as possible except to go to the sea itself.

1  Thank anzie777

Hi Anzie777. I am pleased that we helped to make your anniversary special and that you enjoyed your stay with us. All our rooms are different shapes and sizes and if a shower is important to you please just let us know on booking and we can make sure that you are allocated a room that meets your needs.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

From the 1st minute till the last, the staff here made our stay a memorable one.... The location is perfect; the food was top notch; facilities were excellent; & even though we had a standard double room; really comfy bed, massive bathroom....perfect ;)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for you lovely review Lynsey B. I am pleased that you had such a lovely time with us. If you want to return to us for your second anniversary just remember that you will receive 10% discount as part of our loyalty club.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel is amazing, the staff are superb courteous and nothing is too much or them. The general manager is very down to earth and works alongside all the staff whom I cannot fault at all, you don't get this service in Mayfair, London!!!
View is amazing, we stayed in Room 113 which was spacious bright and clean. The food was first class and the breakfast was out of this works with so much choice it was mind boggling.
Ideally situated and with its own parking I would not hesitate to state this as one of the best hotels for staff attitude courteousness and care that I have ever been to.
Matt the waiter was outstanding, all the staff were but he is management material without a doubt , .

Cannot recommend highly enough , Anne & Colin
Room 113 July 4th thru July 8th 2013

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Anneolivererika. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and your kind comments regarding our star waiter Matt have been passed onto him. I hope that you will return to us soon and we look forward to being able to welcome you back.

Becky Higginson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
The Atlantic Hotel
#10 of 37 in Newquay
St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!