“excellent all round”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“excellent all round”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

my wife and i stayed here for our anniversary. very friendly service, rooms perfect, location perfect. hard to find any faults, except no shower... We were tempted to stay in our sea-view room as much as possible except to go to the sea itself.

1 Thank anzie777
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Hi Anzie777. I am pleased that we helped to make your anniversary special and that you enjoyed your stay with us. All our rooms are different shapes and sizes and if a shower is important to you please just let us know on booking and we can make sure that you are allocated a room that meets your needs.

Becky Higginson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

From the 1st minute till the last, the staff here made our stay a memorable one.... The location is perfect; the food was top notch; facilities were excellent; & even though we had a standard double room; really comfy bed, massive bathroom....perfect ;)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for you lovely review Lynsey B. I am pleased that you had such a lovely time with us. If you want to return to us for your second anniversary just remember that you will receive 10% discount as part of our loyalty club.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel is amazing, the staff are superb courteous and nothing is too much or them. The general manager is very down to earth and works alongside all the staff whom I cannot fault at all, you don't get this service in Mayfair, London!!!
View is amazing, we stayed in Room 113 which was spacious bright and clean. The food was first class and the breakfast was out of this works with so much choice it was mind boggling.
Ideally situated and with its own parking I would not hesitate to state this as one of the best hotels for staff attitude courteousness and care that I have ever been to.
Matt the waiter was outstanding, all the staff were but he is management material without a doubt , .

Cannot recommend highly enough , Anne & Colin
Room 113 July 4th thru July 8th 2013

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Anneolivererika. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and your kind comments regarding our star waiter Matt have been passed onto him. I hope that you will return to us soon and we look forward to being able to welcome you back.

somerset
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I've just returned from a wk at FBH. What a delightful place, and the staff know just how to treat their guests. I had a bit of a gripe on arrival as my room faced a brick wall with a tiny view of the sky, and the pool filtration system was by the bedroom window, so this loud noise kept coming on and off.Kirsty on reception sorted it so quickly and moved me to a different room, couldn't
have asked for more from all the staff, always ready smiles. The food is superb, hang on to that chef, the fish was fabulous. The Spa is such a bonus, and my massage was 10/10, a steam room and jacuzzi at the end of a hike along the coast path is just perfect. May I suggest
4tog duvets in Summer? All in all, I will come again, great place,refurbishment is good, all rooms quiet and sumptuous beds.....thank you Kirsty...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Tizzitizzi, thank you for taking the time to share your views of the Fistral Beach Hotel with fellow travellers. I am so pleased that you had such a lovely time, and don't worry we wont be letting go of our head chef any time soon ;) I have passed your comments onto Kirsty and she was pleased that she was able to help make your stay special.

]

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I can't fault this place. We stayed for the weekend on a living social deal and everything was first class including the service, spa and dinner. The wait at meal time was a bit excessive but the food was well worth the wait. All in all a cracking little hotel in a beautiful location overlooking the bay. I would thoroughly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Emmylouvec

Thank you for your lovely review, I am please that you enjoyed your stay, I am sorry regarding the long waiting time at dinner and we will do our best to improve this. I hope we can welcome you back to Fistral Beach Hotel in the near future.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I visited the spa as a day visitor - I live locally and was given a treatment as a gift. While I was there I also booked an additional treatment as well. The therapist was really nice ad skilled.
However, I found the customer care before and after lacking. After my treatments I went to the relaxation area at lunchtime, no cups or glasses left and so went to use the changing areas but these were locked - no one was in them either. So disappointing!! Fed back to reception and really felt that they were not interested.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you Sue, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your treatment. However I was very disappointed to read that you did not feel the customer care was there before or after your treatment. We view a customers journey starting from the moment they arrive at the spa to the moment they leave and I would like to apologise if this is not the experience that you received. If you would like to discuss this further with me then please do not hesitate to contact me on manager@fistralbeachhotel.co.uk I hope to here from you.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights but would have loved to stay longer. Stunning view from our balcony across Fistral Beach. The room was wonderful, lovely comfy bed, nice modern bathroom and everything we needed. The staff here are really excellent, very friendly, polite and professional. The bar has a nice atmosphere with sophisticated entertainment during the evenings and the food in the restaurant was of a very high standard. Quite expensive, but if you get the opportunity to take advantage of any offers (travelzoo etc.) don't miss it.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view, you can't go wrong, ideally 3rd floor.