“Stunning location”

Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Good accommodation, good food, sea view fantastic, staff brilliant. All very clean and up to date not quite luxury standard but the food, staff and view make up for this. Spa excellent, lovely pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Will try treatments next time too busy exploring the stunning beaches.

Room Tip: Choose sea view room worth the extra money
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear AliceRosy

All our rooms are different shapes and sizes, however I am pleased you gave us the opportunity whilst you were here to find you a room that was more suitable for you. Our economy rooms do have very restricted view and are smaller than our standard rooms however these rooms are still refurbished to the same standard and give our customers the option of a cheaper room whilst still enjoying all the facilities of the hotel. Your positive comments regarding the food have been passed onto our head chef. Thank you and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel. Me and my husband booked an all-inclusive package through a discount site, which meant it was extremely good value for money. We ate in the hotel's restaurant all 4 nights - the food was superb. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We pre-booked a massage each in the spa, which was lovely and so relaxing - highly recommended. The pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were so lovely and you get full use of the pool, gym etc as a guest of the hotel. The hotel overlooks the beautiful Fistral Bay. A short walk to the beach or an even shorter walk over the rocks to the beach when the tide is out (bit treacherous though!). We will definitely be visiting again - if only for the gorgeous food and awesome views.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are a must!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fistral_Beach_Hotel, General Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Hi Michele, I am so pleased that we made your honeymoon so memorable and you had such an amazing time. I will admit the view we have here is one of the best in Cornwall and not matter what the weather is like or how stormy the sea is it always looks awesome. Just remember when you return you will receive 10% discount on any future stay as you are now part of our loyalty club, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were staying at the hotel thanks to a voucher, so weren't expecting the best room. However, the one we were shown to was very small and claustrophobic, with only one window, Luckily the girls on reception moved us instantly, and were very friendly. They also phoned to check we wree happy in the new room which I thought was a good touch. We ate in the restaurant on the first night and the food was absolutely beautiful, breakfast was great too, being able to order what you wanted was a nice change from having to pick at a luke-warm buffet. The spa was a brilliant bonus, and we used it both days.

Room Tip: Depending on prices it's worth shelling out the extra for a sea view.
Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Alice Rosy. I am sorry for the disappointed with your first room but Thank you for letting us know so that we were able to rectify it for you. I am glad you took advantage of our fantastic spa and manage to make the most of it. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels around the UK through work and pleasure and I'm always apprehensive about hotels in seaside towns as they tend to be shadows of their former selves, trading on former glories and in dire need of upgrading and refurbishment.
Last weekend I was booked into this hotel and I can honestly say its a fantastic place. The location is stunning with superb views across the sea but what puts this hotel into the premier league is its staff. They are super friendly and helpful and extremely attentive. A well managed and run hotel.
I will definitely stay at the hotel again and will happily recommend it to others

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hi BizMan15 thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have just undergone a huge refurbishment investing back into the whole hotel as well as the staff. I am pleased that you appreciated all that has been done and i hope you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately really mixed scores for this hotel. When we first arrived I was disappointed to find old shower bottles in the shower which made me wonder if the room was all clean! Then 1 of the days we were there our room was'nt cleaned at all!! I called up when we returned after a day out and the reception just said "ill send someone up" they came with towels that's all. I am not sure the bed was changed in the 4 nights we stayed. Her attitude was disappointing no apology. The spa was lovely and treatments were really good. One waiter called Simon I think was great but the breakfast staff were useless and made us late for a boat safari. I wanted to ask for discount upon check out or something for loosing our boat trip but reception staff had seemed so unhelpful. When checking out the receptionist said "£823.10 does that sound about right?" That's pretty flippant about a lot of money! I had to ask to see the bill. Then i had to ask for a copy of the bill. That's on average £200 a day for a unclean room, with a horrible back view, breakfast and dinner 2 of the nights!! Seems very steep and the lack of appreciation for customers mainly by reception was very disappointing in this current climate!! Unfortunately it was a present to my boyfriend from me for his birthday but i don't think i wouldn't stay again

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had an amazing weekend in this lovely well decorated and pristine hotel. There were 6 of us all sharing twin bedrooms with a wonderful sea view of Fistral Beach itself- constant surfers to watch riding the waves. The rooms were very comfortable and it has to be the best spa experience ever- and I've done quite a few now!! I had a full body aromatherapy massage and it was so fantastic I also booked an active facial with two of my friends also booking extra treatment. The pool, sauna, steam room and changing rooms were immaculate and I escaped one morning at 7am and had the whole downstairs pool area to myself for 3/4 of an hour- bliss.

A real unwind away from home- Charlie on the front desk was really friendly and accommodating as were the waiters and waitresses. Only sad point was that the bar closed on Saturday night at 11:50pm so lots of hotel guests had walked out of town thinking they'd get a night cap back at the hotel to no avail......... A marvellous weekend, great food and wine- we'd love to come back!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel is very well located right on Fistral Bay with excellent views. The hotel has been recently refurbished so rooms in excellent condition, large and light. Very friendly staff in reception and dining room. Good food, especially breakfast. We would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a sea view. Worth the extra.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
The Atlantic Hotel
#10 of 37 in Newquay
St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!