“Stunning location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Eardisland, United Kingdom
“Stunning location”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel has stunning views I went for a room with a sea view and balcony well worth extra cost. You can lie in bed and watch the surfers. The rooms have been recently refurbished, they are clean, modern, uncluttered and roomy. Location is amazing. Coastal path walks give you access to glorious panoramic views easily accessible from the hotel. I will definitely be back soon

Room Tip: Sea view and balcony
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
BayHotelManager, Manager at Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for a Yvonne for your review I am pleased that you had a good time and I look forward to seeing you again in the future, remember next time you stay you receive 10% discount as you will be part of our loyalty club. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was a Secret Escapes Deal so I expected alot, and wasn't disappointed, the Hotel was in excellent order after a Re-Ferb, the Spa was very good, and clean, the views from the room were quite spectacular,the service was very good, and the large bed was very very comfy...........

1 Thank Shaun s
Hi ShaunS, I am pleased the we not only lived up to your expectations but exceeded them. I hope that you will visit us again soon, remember to keep an eye on our website and our Facebook page as we often have special offers on their which you can book direct with the hotel. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.
Brackley
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife booked for us and our friends another couple to stay here in April of 2013 on a special week end break. The double room was nicely appointed but beware those at the rear of the hotel as our and several other rooms overlooked a 70's style flat roof extension with litter around the area and also the rooms were overlooked by 'chalet' type accommodation (staff quarters?) meaning curtains needed to be kept closed at times. The food in the restaurant was reasonable (Friday night) but the service was slow and poor - seemed understaffed. Breakfast Saturday was OK but again poor service an example I had a small bowl of fruit and yoghurt and ordered my eggs Benedict finished the former the bowl remained in place despite several visits by waiting staff who were asked to remove same in the end I got up and placed our used crockery on the service station myself so we had room to continue our breakfast!

Sunday morning breakfast was a total disaster the four of us were serially ignored, as clearly were others guests who arrived after we had been seated were served prior to us and in all it took 25 minutes before any refreshment arrived i.e. tea/coffee. Just as well then that we had received in our room a feedback form - how handy! We all completed said forms with some suggestions and complaints and made a verbal complaint as we checked out.

The duty manager was summoned and offered a sit down discussion to be fair but we were in a hurry to get away so she offered a follow up. To date we have had no contact apart from our friend’s recieving an email some time later in May. The booking was made by my wife paid for in full using her debit card and our friends paid my wife separately.

I have this morning contacted the hotel manager and she has promised to 'look into' the matter and get back to me in the next couple of hours but as its been 4 weeks with no contact I won't be holding my breath!

Stay there yes but pay extra for a sea view and unless the restaurant service improves dramatically - eat elsewhere

Room Tip: Sea view the rear is grotty!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked a stay at this hotel for myself and my partner through Living Social deal.
Upon arrival we were greeted by the very cherfull and helpfull reception staff who made us feel welcome. Our arrival was at 730am, were offered to leave bags and return later to check-in into rooms.
One negative comment goes to the way rooms are allocated, as we had to wait till 1500hrs to be able to check-in.
The standard room was well decorated, quite spacious and well decorated. Towels were clean, bath robes and slippers available in the room too.
We used the Spa facilities were i felt a superstar, the staff were very kind, polite, cheerfull and very professional.
Food at the restaurant is VERY GOOD, breakfast is lush, with so much variety and good quality. We had dinner too and food was equaly very good.
I cant praise the staff enough, would definately come back to this Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nuno_Gois. Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our check in time is from 3pm however we do always do our best to let guest check in earlier if we can. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.
exeter
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel, this time it had been updated, Wow what a difference, our room was beautiful as were the views, the facilities as always were excellent.
What lets down this hotel is the Fistral Spa service, the therapists in my opinion are in experienced and rushed our treatment of a full body massage from start to finish, a real disappointment when everywhere else in the hotel; the service is top class, we like this hotel because of being able to start our stay with a massage, however would perhaps try somewhere else in future.
I must also add that this was the second time we had visited Fistral Spa and had similar findings on our first visit, thought it was worth the second chance however not a third!!

Room Tip: Beach and sea views, absolutely stunning and well worth the money.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Vanessa K, Thank you for your review, all feedback both positive or negative is welcomed. Regarding your comments on the spa they have been passed onto the spa manager who will make sure that they are dealt with. It is difficult for me to now comment as I do not know which treatment, what time you book etc. However I would just like to bring to your attention that that the treatment time listed in the brochure is including the customer journey which starts from the moment that you are collected from the relaxation room to the moment you are returned which includes you consultation at the beginning. If you would like to discuss this with the spa manager then please do not hesitate to contact us as we would love the opportunity to resolve this for you. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our short break to Fistral Beach Hotel,Newquay was really enjoyable.Our room was lovely-very clean,and tastefully furnished.The bathroom was spotless,and beautifully finished.The staff were as pleasant as can be,and made you feel very welcome.We shall definitely be making a return visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Hillary B for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back shortly. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I wish I could stay longer than 2 nights - this hotel was a real find. The location is amazing overlooking Fistral Beach. The spa is just what you need - pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. The food is excellent with mostly brilliant service.

I had the odd difficulty being immediately understood by the non-English waiters, and a Cornish afternoon tea that never arrived but very minor comments. The vast majority of the time the service was exceptional - not seaside resort visitor but valued customer.

I had a blissful stay and will be back once I've saved some pennies.....

Room Tip: If you can afford to upgrade to sea view, the view is wonderful but the standard room was just great...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you DianeWilliams1961 for your lovely review. I hope next time you are able to stay longer with us. Regards Fistral Beach Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,133 reviews
Great Western Hotel
Great Western Hotel
#12 of 38 in Newquay

Been to Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!