“Staying in the Cottage”
Review of Lusty Glaze

Lusty Glaze
Ranked #10 of 67 things to do in Newquay
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Centre, live music venue, bar and restaurant nestled in a stunningly beautiful cove on the outskirts of Newquay. This privately owned beach is open to the public all year round with laid back charm and a warm welcome.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The most beautiful and romantic cottage! We stayed after and over the stormy period, but the cottage was in perfect order and such a lovely location, the bedroom has double doors that open onto a beautiful and well kept sandy beach. We were very sad to leave, a lovely weekend away over valentines! I'm looking forwards to going back!

All reviews
"steep steps"
in 23 reviews
"beautiful cove"
in 7 reviews
"secluded beach"
in 3 reviews
"sheltered from the wind"
"jet skiing"
in 14 reviews
"beaches"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We have just had an amazing night at Lusty Glaze Restaurant. The atmosphere was lovely....very Chritmassy. The food was very well presented and really tasty. I would definitely recommend the Thai Green Chicken curry. The service was excellent and the staff were very attentive but not overpowering. There was live music playing which was very festive. It was a lovely cosy evening with the wood burner glowing even though the wind was howling outside. Prices very reasonable. I would recommend this place for a lovely evening out. I will definitely return.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This has to be one of my favourite places! I had been before to the beach and to see bands play in this amazing setting but hadn't been to eat there. I went early with my 2 children and enjoyed the hot stone seafood dish - fresh prawns, scallops and salmon. It was the best tasting seafood I have and served with a generous portion of rustic chips and salad. The woodburner was heating the restuarant, views over the beach and a relaxed feel made it a great last night of my trip. Staff were very friendly and helpful and I am planning a trip back to try out their Sunday roast.

Its an amazing place but on the other hand I want it to keep its charm and be a secret little haven!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The beach is beautiful and the surroundings and view are also. If you're in Newquay it's worth a visit. The facilities are good too including the cafe which does good food.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is such a cool place in an amazing spot! We had an early dinner and ordered the fish platter that you cook on a hot rock. I had the biggest scallop I have ever seen, yummy prawn and a really fresh and generous piece of salmon. The meal was 5 *and reasonably priced. There's a really great atmosphere here...if you're in the area, don't miss out!