“overpriced for what you get”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newquay
Parkdean - Holywell Bay Holiday Park
Ranked #16 of 78 Specialty Lodging in Newquay
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have enjoyed this site for a number of years bit this year I haven't 'rebooked .... am sorry guys .... what a let down.!!!!!.... the food in the restaurant was awful ... and we tried it on 5 separate occasions ..... 1st of all who serves an ice cold fish wrap???? ..... secondly a chef ... who on occasions they had to send out a search party for!.... cant even cook chips .. even frozen ones... my children got there and they were still freezing in the middle.... basics guys ..... poor Sarah behind the bar ... alone may I add ... had to not only serve on the bar but was also the pot wash.(why with a chef so rubbish he should have washed his own pots) she was waitress the glass collector which at times was impossible for her has she was sorting out the chefs mess ... no wondered the wait at the bar... 30 mins one day!!!! and there were 4 of us waiting as it was raining... lost revenue for parkdean
the entertainment was the worst it has ever been ... usually children's session which includes disco ....(brilliant for little kids and still is)... then adults session ... yeah right ... this year was extended kids session.... where was adult entertainment ???? it was our holiday too and in the past been great fun for adults...
teenagers get absolutely no entertainment at all ... none .... why not a hang out other than the arcade ... were by the way half of the machines didn't work and if they took your money you had to wait until morning office was open to sort .... the teenagers were a nightmare through boredom ... some managed to get drunk and some were violent security had to step in .... really ... on holiday ... if they weren't bored and had something or somewhere to go they wouldn't be as much trouble as they were this time.
some of the staff need to learn children like to poke fun .... however one of the staff went off crying and wouldn't come back out so they could apologise.... strap a pair on ... they were 13/12/11 and 8..... they ended up upset as they couldnt say sorry for upsetting him.... if the staff cannot entertain ... why employ? ....
the entertainment team were not as enthusiastic as they have been in the past ... and raining activities are none existent .
I loved this site in the past but when your paying 1700 for 2 weeks you expect to have more for your money than just a good caravan.
has parkdean lost its way.... this year I think a big massive yes!....

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank shazza831
There are newer reviews for Parkdean - Holywell Bay Holiday Park

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was our first time at this specific site. At first everything looked good, nice venue, nice pubs down the road and great views. The caravan was ok, nothing great, however it got extremely cold.my partner shared her bed with our 3 month old whilst I pushed the 2 single beds together to keep my 2 year old warm. We took our own blanket for her also. The on site entertainment was great for our kids, they loved it. There were lots to do for my daughter and enjoyed it every day we were on site. We ate twice in the bar, the second time was at breakfast where we were told they could not serve an omelette to my partner as they lost them in the freezer? This was a little weird. For £6 I would have wanted a real omelette? The troopers were great and very helpful, however we both sensed they disliked each other. The one bar man was a rude twonk and the other did a lot of sweating over the food when he served it, missus couldn't eat it obviously and wretched...lol
The pool was not cleaned out enough at all. Twigs n crap floating about. Other than that it was alright. I don't think I would go there again, however I wouldn't slate them too much as they just need improvements and a freshen up!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Nice park. Good cheap surf hire on site and the beach is only a few minutes away. No reception for mobiles in the park but free wifi is easy to sign up to at the club/bar. Over all a great place to stay. :)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank UKscrap
Reviewed September 29, 2013

this was our second Parkdean holiday this year, and after the first one, which was not pleasant, at Mullion (separate feedback left), we booked to stay at holywell bay this time, we have always used Parkdean, as we like the facilities they offer, and the restaurants were always excellent,
however this time we booked a bungalow, what a nightmare, it was unclean, the flooring in the bathroom was not laid properly, and so was wrinkled and a trip hazard, the matress on our double bed didn't fit the bed base and was to small, on our on the second night I got up to use the loo at 3am, and got locked in the bathroom, I had to wake every one up to break the door down so I could get out, we reported this to reception, as we had elderly parents with us, and I didn't want this to happen to them, they repaired this, by putting the old broken lock back on, on the Friday morning, the same think happened again to my elderly father, so we had to break the door in again, at this point we decided that we couldn't put up with this again, so didn't bother reporting it again, and just decided not to close the bathroom door, which was great for privacy!!

the site its self was nice, clean, and plenty of bins for people to put rubbish in, there were notices in our bungalow asking us not to feed the seagulls, I assume this didn't apply to the rats we saw at the back of the bungalow, someone must have been feeding them, they were quite big,

we only ate in the restaurant once, 'service without a smile' is the definite code of practice here, the chap who served us must have been having a really bad day, shame he decided to share it with us,
the amusement arcade is poor, with only a handful of poorly working fruit machine,
I think that two poor parkdean holidays in one year, has helped me to decided that maybe a change is needed, especially since we complained about our Mullion holiday and didn't get any feedback from Parkdean, I do wonder if its worth even taking to them with complaints

Room Tip: don't use Parkdean, unless you want a poor quality holiday,
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary H
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here last week as part of the Sun Holidays deal, it was a nice central location - we then did day trips to Perranporth (10mins) St Ives (30mins) and Fistral and Newquay (less than 10mins)
The park itself is in a quiet location and walking distance to the beach, which is very nice,

There is a restaurant on site, as well as two little pubs just outside the campsite.

There is a small shop and arcade, and a surf hire shop also on site

Our caravan was nice, clean and plenty enough for what we needed - who stays in their caravan that much anyway, it's all about getting out and exploring!! :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank CharlotteRose19
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had a nice well needed break in holywell bay, the park is in a great location but let down by the on site facilities. It has a small arcade and the entertainment bar isn't the largest. The food menu isn't badly priced but the service is poor.
Caravan wasn't old but wasn't the cleanest. The beds were ok but the legs were loose. At night the park very quiet but poorly lit and walking back from the clubhouse could be treacherous. The park also lacked security in the evening.
Overall a great holiday booked through the sun holidays so cheap and in a good area. May return if a cheap deal can be had

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom1391
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The camp is as best basic with communication to the outside world difficult mobile certainly don't work without a fair walk to the top end of the entrance.
The caravans although close to the amenity block health and safety becomes an issue as its via an almost unlit pathway.
The entertainment well don't expect much just two visiting acts during the week leaving the young troupers to do it all hardly fair on them.
The accommodation is at least tidy

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brekk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Hotel Sunnyside Newquay
#4 of 78 in Newquay
Porth Beach Holiday Park
Perran View Holiday Park
Perran Sands Holiday Park - Haven

Been to Parkdean - Holywell Bay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!