“Visit to the Spa”
Review of The Headland Spa

The Headland Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Prepare to be wowed as you enter Cornwall's first five bubble rated Spa. Let all your cares drift away as you step into one of the state of the art treatment rooms finished with ash wood panelled walls and accent colours. Couples and friends can enjoy the doubles treatment rooms. The manicure and pedicure room with its vibrant tones and textures adds a real sense of luxury to any visit. Guests can also indulge in the private luxury of the St. Tropez suite, providing an all over, natural looking tan for both men and women. The ultimate Air 2 spray booth (sprayed by hand) will offer you long-lasting colour. Other facilities include: 6 Treatment rooms A private jacuzzi suite Relaxation lounge VIP suite Life Fitness Gym Robed dining area Rhassoul mud chamber
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I have just had a lovely day at the wonderful spa at the Headland Hotel.
I made several telephone conversations to organise our day at the spa and on every occasion the staff could not have been more helpful.
On our arrival today Martina took care of us in every way possible. We spent the first part of the morning in the pool and heat rooms which are fantastic. Then sat around chatting drinking hot chocolate until we went along for the most perfect back massage.
Lunch was served in the Spa area and was really enjoyable.
Would highly recommend this spa for a lovely day out.

1  Thank HelenJudith
"great facilities"
"value for money"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I only have wonderful things to say about the new spa they have built in The Headland hotel.

I went recently with my mother as a bit of a treat and we were not disappointed! It really is the staff that make this place fantastic - from the moment we said hello to the second we said goodbye, we felt really cared for and appreciated.

We were there on a deal which included use of all the facilities (a small pool, but if you're there, as we were, in the morning/early afternoon, it isn't busy at all) a jacuzzi, sauna (not unbearably hot) and a Cornish salt steam room (which sort of was!)

Our deal also included a 50 minute Swedish full body massage: wow. I have had several massages since visiting various spas, but this one was incredible - "pass out on the massage table" incredible. I felt so relaxed and pain-free afterwards!

We also received complimentary pedicures/manicures, which gave us the opportunity to chat to the extremely friendly and very lovely spa therapists, who chatted away like we'd known them all our lives!

We then had a lunch which was a part of our deal - i will warn you now, this is a HEALTHY lunch, no sign of chips anywhere! But the food was beautifully cooked and presented - I highly recommend the sorbet sundae as a dessert!

After we'd finished, we were asked if we would like to continue using the facilities - it was so lovely to not be ushered out of the door once our deal was "used up" - as has happened at other establishments!

Overall, the Headland spa is stunning. It is beautifully decorated (glass walls overlooking the ocean) with every little detail considered, the therapists are excellently trained and friendly and the rest of the spa staff looked after us very well. I'm already browsing for the next time we can go!

What are you waiting for? Hop to it!

Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

The Spa creates a magical journey for our guests and it sounds like you enjoyed every aspect of it. I love your descriptive ‘pass out on the massage table’! As a new enterprise, we are especially keen to receive feedback such as yours and therefore, from all the therapists and the Spa team, a very big thank you and we look forward to seeing you next time for more lovely treatments.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Visited the Headland Spa yesterday for a Spa Hen Party and what a brilliant day it turned out to be !! Martina, the Spa Manager was on hand throughout the day, the Lunch table was laid out beautifully, the food was delicious and there was a great ambiance all day.
My massage with Xavana was beyond expectation and it surpassed all of my previous massages and believe me, I have had many. I will definitely be back, if only to have a massage with Xavana. The actual Spa is very impressive, beautifully decorated with a welcoming feeling.I look forward to experiencing the Relaxation room which will be the icing on the cake. Perfection !!!
All " Hens " should have their Spa Hen Party here ! You won't be disappointed !!!
Thank you Tam for having your do here,otherwise I wouldn't be writing this review and coming back again in the near future for my massages.
And thank you to the Headland Spa for such a memorable day.

1  Thank LizzieM191
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you to you too for your fabulous comments. We’re delighted you had such a lovely time and both Martina and Xavana are really appreciative for what you have posted here.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

After seeing the pictures and online reviews me and my training partner decided to give the headland a go. The spa reception and layout is very impressive as are the attentive staff. The 'leisure area' is set out nicely if though quite small and I can imagine it to get very crowded in the summer. The main problem we found though was the so called state of the art gym, which was nothing of the sort. The gym is tiny and very poorly equipped putting a couple of monitors on a exercise bike does not make a gym state of the art. I suggest that the headland spa invest in a range of free weights. What they have to date could've been used by my twelve year old daughter, a smith machine is a MUST, No curl bars? No straight bar, no way to bench anything other than a cable machine, or a outdated static press. The value for money was outrageous and I won't be returning which is a shame as I live in newquay but will have to travel to Hustyns in wadebridge everyday for a proper spa and gym

The Headland Spa is a new facility which is enjoyed by both residents and non residents. We offer exclusive Life Fitness equipment and personal trainer 1:1 sessions but never set out to compete with gyms offering heavy weights body building training. We have received positive comments from our members but are certainly receptive to all guest feedback and thank you for yours.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Spa days are a really important part if my social life. I was delighted to hear that one of Newquay's leading hotels was building a new spa facility.

I have been 3 times already and although some things are not quite ready just yet it is totally on track to be the best spa experience I have had and I've had a lot!

The decor is very modern and elegant but somehow fits well with the 'oldie worldie' feel of the hotel. The relaxation room is not finished yet but the plans look amazing and this is a definite must have in any spa. This week the healthy food bar is due to open, I can't wait to sample it's delights on my next visit.

The spa staff are fantastic. Maria the spa manager has an abundance of experience and this is definitely being utilised with maximum effect. The team of therapists are really lovely. I have had the pleasure of receiving all three of my treatments by Xivana (sorry if I spelled that wrong), I can't fault them, they have all been amazing and judging from my friends comments the other therapist all really know what they are doing.

Chatting through my latest massage yesterday, because i can't help chatting, I heard the exciting news about the 4 hands massage which is coming soon, 2 therapists carrying out your massage simultaneously, sounds like pure heaven

I am really excited about my next visit on the 19th October for Tammi's hen spa day! The team at the spa all knew about it when I mentioned it yesterday which was lovely and shows they are already working well together even though the spa is only a few weeks old. I can't wait!

I could go on and on but I just suggest you check it out yourselves, have a look at their web site too to see pictures of the new spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back and are so pleased that you enjoyed your Spa experience. Your comments have been passed on to the team and they thank you for your lovely feedback.