“Classic, worth finding this gem!”
Review of The Coffee Cove - CLOSED

The Coffee Cove
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cosy coffee shop serving breakfasts, light snacks, great coffee and freshly baked cakes! All food is homemade and locally sourced.
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This place is a true gem amongst the mass of Newquay's eateries. I'd advise anyone to get their bearings and walk the 90 seconds it takes to find this place off the Main Street. Quality, quantity and hospitality were fantastic. This was one of the most relaxed places we've had the pleasure of eating in. We'll be back!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Visited Newquay in September and whilst walking around the coast found this place, but only thanks to the Tripadvisor app. Tucked away on Island Crescent you really wouldn't know you are approaching a café, it does fit in well with the townhouses each side.

Service was excellent, really friendly, and instead of upselling we were told that one cream tea would likely be enough for us to share as the two scones were big. She was right - they were huge, and really good too.

Well worth seeking this place out.

1  Thank Notawhinger77
Sophie P, Owner at The Coffee Cove, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Thank you for writing such a lovely review. I am stoked you took the time to find us and enjoyed your cream tea. We hope to see you again another time.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had such a hopeless afternoon trying to find a reasonable cafe in Newquay. A walk down into town from our hotel was truly disappointing, finding awful-looking bars and tacky shops and a costa. Our romantic notion of "going for a wander and seeing what there is" was met with sad griminess. So we resorted to online reviews. And we found this place!

Tucked away in a victorian townhouse by the sea - thankfully facing away from the carwreck of Newquay - this coffee house is modelled in the Ozzie style. Fantastic coffees brewed to perfection. We spoke with the owner and she had lived in Australia for long enough to know the UK is missing out. When she came back she brought a bit of Oz with her and praise be she did! We didn't stay for food but would've liked to, it looked really tasty! If I'm ever in Newquay again I shall don my tunnel-vision goggles and head straight there!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

If you are not a resident of Newquay then you probably would not be aware
of this little gem of a café, luckily we were staying with a friend who lives
in Newquay & he took us there for breakfast one morning, it is located just
off the main street, basically if you swing a left as you are ascending the hill
& move away from the shops you should find it, the café is located on a road
called Island Crescent, the café is disguised as a normal town house & so if
you are not looking carefully you will miss it, but if you look out for the town house
with the 'surf board coffee cove' sign in the garden then you will have made it,
its only a little place & so if you are with a massive stag party or something
then I would give it a miss as there are only a few tables, but it is ideal for
small parties, individuals & families, the host is very welcoming & she will
try to attend to your every need, we only went for breakfast so I have no idea
what the brunch/lunch menu is like but I would imagine that it is just as good
& just as extensive, the breakfast menu is fantastic & it has pretty much
everything you could want, I had Eggs Benedict, one of my friends had
Egg Florentine & my other friend had the Full Cornish Breakfast,
all of us loved our meals & I would have to say that the Eggs Benedict
I had was the best I have ever had, I really cannot recommend this
place enough, the food is fantastic, the host is lovely & the prices
are very, very reasonable, we all said if it had been £5.00 more
we would have been happy to pay that price, you don't really get a sea
view, but trust me you really don't miss it, you are so immersed in your
food & having a chat that you are not really scanning around looking for
the beach or the sea, if you are in Newquay go to the Coffee Cove.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a coffee after taking the dogs for a walk. It is a bit tucked away but central. Really nice macchiato for me. The kids had home made cake and an orange and carrot freshly made juice which they loved.