“Newquay's little gem”

The Coffee Cove
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Description: Cosy coffee shop serving breakfasts, light snacks, great coffee and freshly baked cakes! All food is homemade and locally sourced.
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Newquay's little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Gorgeous. We were looking out for this cafe after I had spotted a little blackboard stating 'homemade cakes, coffee and lunch'...what's not to like?! We were greeted with a super friendly smile and a cafe with a lovely homely vibe. If you're after some of the best coffee (if not THE best coffee) in town, then Sophie's your gal. She really knows her stuff, sourcing coffee and other ingredients for their delicious lunches locally. The service and coffee was so good, we had to go back for more. The next day, we opted for the veggie breakfasts which were delicious...halloumi with portabello mushroom, avocado on a big wedge of toast...yummers! The Coffee Cove offers great meat dishes as well as some fab fab veggie options, which can often be tricky to find. Finally, I thought I should try and squeeze in something healthy in between some Cornish pasties, so we went back in the afternoon where I ordered a detox salad. No need to worry about portion sizes here...a mound of delicious detoxing salad arrived. Delicious and good for the soul, I would recommend everyone to visit this little gem of a cafe. Sophie and her partner are onto a winner with this little place...

Sophie P, Owner at The Coffee Cove, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We genuinely get really excited when we read a review like yours, (particularly when you describe our food as yummers!) thanks heaps for being so complimentary! We're glad you enjoyed everything and are so happy you decided to return for not only breakfast but lunch as well. We hope to see you again on your next holiday to the quay.

Truro, United Kingdom
“taste trippin.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had the detox salad, and asked for a smaller portion, as I didn't think I had much of an appetite. However I was mistaken, because when I started to eat the colourful salad I couldn't stop! Every mouthful was taste trip bursting with flavour. Thank you Coffee Cove, I will be back soon!

Sophie P, Owner at The Coffee Cove, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review, we're stoked you enjoyed the detox salad and look forward to seeing you again soon!
“Breakfast heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

With lovely views of the harbour and the beach I sat with my friends and enjoyed one of the best breakfast and coffee experiences that I can remember highly recommended by me see you next time I'm there

1 Thank Jesuscasas
Sophie P, Owner at The Coffee Cove, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Really glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us and thank you for taking the time out to post such a nice review, hope to see you again soon
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Amazing homemade cakes and a beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were lucky - we'd booked a room at Lazy Waves B&B and had no idea that we'd have the best café in Newquay downstairs, and the best view in Newquay from our bedroom. The first thing we did after checking in was to sit on the little terrace, in the sunshine, with a pot of tea and a huge slice of Sophie's carrot cake. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that we also sampled her coffee cake and her tiffin – and we were only there two days.... Everything was delicious: baked with love and presented with style. If you're staying overnight, or passing by in the morning, you'll enjoy Sophie's catering at breakfast too – our preferred combination was delicious homemade granola followed by lovely thick slices of toast made with Chough's bread (which we enjoyed so much that we had to go to Padstow to buy a loaf to take home with us....), but there's plenty of choice on the menu and everything looked fantastic. Sophie is not only a gifted baker and passionate about good coffee , but she's also a great host and makes all her customers feel welcome. The Coffee Cove is a new business that's definitely worth treasuring. Go and find it – and if your favourite cake isn't on the cake-stand, just ask: Sophie will probably rustle one up for you overnight!

Sophie P, Owner at The Coffee Cove, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
What a lovely review! We are so glad you both enjoyed everything, it was great to meet you and we'll hopefully see you back again soon
Swanage, United Kingdom
“fanatastic coffee and substainal sandwiches..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

This newly opened little cafe is in a b and b. The b and b is run by the young woman's father and she has just set up the cafe. We were staying in the b and b next door and went in 3 mornings to get a take away sandwich (walking the coastal path) and a strong coffee. Sandwich fillings, halloumi cheese with roasted aubergine, chicken breast with avocado and garlic mayo other lovely stuff too. In ciabatta but also do wheat free bread. Homemade lemonade, a range of home made cakes the chocolate and banana muffin was not too sweet. Guesrs staying in the next door b and b get 10% off so even better. The young woman is really friendly..wish she would move to Swanage where we live and set up a cafe here.

Visited July 2013
Sophie P, Owner at The Coffee Cove, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Such a nice review, thank you so much. We are really happy you both enjoyed everything, it was lovely to see you return every morning and we hope to see you again on your next walking trip