“Great service and food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Breaks Tolcarne Beach Bar & Kitchen

The Breaks Tolcarne Beach Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #35 of 233 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, European, British, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cornwall, UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had a great meal at the new restaurant the Breaks in Cornwall. The squid starter was delicious and perfectly cooked. The seabass very enjoyable and the sticky toffee pudding truly delicious. The service was great and I'd easily recommend this restaurant to my friends and family. Worth hunting out!!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my partner on may 30th to celebrate my 30th birthday, when I rang up to book the restaurant I let them know it would be my birthday and they decorated the table with a happy birthday banner and had happy birthday confetti on the table which made me feel very special. From as soon as we walked in until we left neither myself or my partner can find any faults. The waitresses were lovely and friendly. The food was gorgeous and fresh. Then to top it all off we witnessed a stunning sunset over the sea with morcheeba playing in the restaurant to set the mood. Everyone needs to visit this restaurant!

“Disappointing meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

After having been to The Breaks for a bite to eat last week we were excited about taking our friends there. To start with we were sat at a table by the door which was constantly opened and closed so it was freezing, the people who previously owned the restaurant used to lock it and use the other door for this reason. But we were told that wasn't possible and after complaining were moved to another table. Then our friends two starters were cold, these were exchanged for fresh ones. The mains that me and my friend ordered that sounded lovely in writing were actually bland and boring. The 'Thai broth' that was advertised was actually a tiny bit of sauce that was neither here nor there. The main thing was that when the bill came nothing was taken off or offered for the cold meals. Our waitress was actually amazing so it was a shame but we didn't tip. Massive potential but disappointing.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jemzs
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Watch the sun go down.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nicely situated on beach. Good service. Mostly seafood.ery nice
A good place to end the day watching the sun go down.
Probably need to book ahead.

Visited May 2013
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Nice place but something went terribly wrong”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, we were a large group (24 people) and told we could order from the menu on the night. Unfortunately they struggled to cope, after taking orders and serving (most of) the starters they then realised they had run out of steak, so quick alternatives had to be made. Not too much of a problem but with some starters appearing after the rest had finished and the extra garlic bread not arriving until the end (and only after numerous requests) I would say there was a distinct lack of communication between the kitchen and front staff. However, the worst was to come the following day when a number of our group had become ill, appearing to be those who had eaten the same selection of dish. My own selection had be fine and I would have marked it as very good but with people going ill I cannot justify giving a rating for only mine!

• 2 of 5 bubbles