“Good Family Restaurant”

Ranked #119 of 249 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Pub, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Official Trip Advisor page of the newly managed and refurbished Quintrell Inn! The Quintrell Inn is a family run public house and restaurant, with excellent facilities for families and children. The main attraction for the younger element is the well equipped ball pool and indoor play area. During the summer months there is a large garden with wooden benches and an outdoor play area which is ideal for a relaxed meal whilst the children play happily. The Quintrell Inn caters for all tastes as the menu covers a wide variety of dishes and homemade specials including a range of healthy options. All food is cooked to order and we pride ourselves on using local produce. We also offer gluten free options for all our meals including our carvery - a hard to find trait in the restaurant world. Our carvery is open every day offering a choice of 2 meats Monday to Saturday and 3 meats on Sundays. Children can enjoy our meal deal options for £5.50 Including a drink, main course AND dessert from our childrens menu - good value for good food! It is advisable whenever possible to book early to avoid disappointment. Live entertainment features regularly throughout the year with artists visiting from around the country. For those special occasions there is a large restaurant catering for weddings, funerals, christenings and parties. Relax in our lounge area with leather sofas, TV and open fire. Take part in the popular games of pool or darts, The Quintrell Inn has also recently acquired a darts and pool team who compete across the local area. The Quintrell Inn enjoys a friendly community spirit, and welcomes all, young or old. Our doors are open and we will look forward to your custom.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The food was lovely. Our girls had a children's burger, which was an excellent portion with a thickshake and ice cream...both of which the girls really raved about, exceptional value for money. My husband and I had pate to start, which was very nice and I had the ham, egg and chips, which again was a very good portion and good value for money.

They were struggling with the service a bit, as they were very busy (they almost forgot to bring our main courses), but they were every apologetic and pleasant.

There is also a free soft play area, which is more suitable for older children ...but is a good bonus.

2  Thank JustVed

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food in here is brilliant we had the carvery it was good value and plenty of meat on the plate . It has a great atmosphere and the staff are excellent I would defiantly recommend this pub

1  Thank lordtrigger
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was looking for a place to buy a couple of bottles of champagne to take away to celebrate my 25th birthday. I drove past the Quintrell Inn, the lights were on, the door was open and there were customers inside.But before I could even get to the bar, the bar man informed me it was closed, despite it being 22:55. I'm not sure how much the champagne is, but I was prepared to spend £100+ on a couple of bottles... Never seen service as crap as that.

4  Thank ryan s
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Went with my family for an evening out. I was the only one who had the Carvery option. What a mistake the Pork was tough the potatoes absolutely awful, soft and over done. I don't know whether the cauliflower was meant to be in a cheese sauce but they definately seemed to forgotten the cheese. This was at 6 pm so there was no excuse for it to have been so bad. I should really have complained at the time as it was a total waste of £8.50 so it was expensive as well. I would certainly steer clear of the Carvery. The rest of the family seemed to have enjoyed their meals

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great quality of food and they still served us even after they had stopped serving food, I would recommend this restaurant to familys and anyone ready for a great meal.

1  Thank Callow P