“Surf lesson”
Review of Bodyboard-Holidays

Bodyboard-Holidays
Ranked #2 of 46 Tours in Newquay
More attraction details
Owner description: Bodyboard-Holidays offer the chance to learn or improve your bodyboarding under the watchful eye of our experienced, qualified, insured coaching team. We choose locations that offer awesome waves, beaches, culture and environment and package it together to give you the bodyboarding holiday of a lifetime. With over 20 years international travel experience and having coached all abilities up to British team standard we can help you improve fast. Locations such as Costa Rica, Bali, Nicaragua, Morocco, Ireland and more hand picked due to our knowledge and experience in the location.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

2 of my friends and I had a 2.5hr private surf lesson today on Fistral with Shaun. We all had a wicked time and we would all highly recommend Shaun as an instructor. His lesson was fun and easy to understand, and he's a really top bloke.
We will definitely ask for him when we have our next lesson.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"body boarding"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have just returned from a body boarding weekend with Rob Barber absolutely a blast. Rob and Joe were really professional and passionate about the sport . Warming up exercises how to judge the sea, use of wet suit, fins (which under Robs guidance required time choosing the right pair) and after coming out of the water video analysis of your lesson!. I went on my own and initially I was slightly apprehensive. There was no need all the staff were great and I attended the history of body boarding book launch on a Saturday night . I would recommend body boarding to all ages and level of fitness. Also Rob can advise re boards places to do body boarding etc. Come on girls do something different on holiday get body boarding ........................

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The newquay activity centre tailored my lesson to my needs as a novice bodyboarder though not beginner. Ten out of ten.
The centre is very well run as there is a lot going on, you get treated well and all the staff are friendly even though they may not be instructing you. Again 10/10.
My lesson was with shaun a really good instructor as my group of 4 was made up of both sexes with a wide range of age and abilitys. His coaching skills were great as was his knowledge, he spoke to us all as individuals and really tapped into our needs without leaving anybody out.
It really was an exceptional day the only downside was the weather but they don't control that.....welcome to british summer time.
Cheers shaun and the team, i'lldefo be back

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Last year my girlfriend and I (aged 19) went on the trip to Indonesia and absolutely loved it. With us both being of different standards we were unsure whether the trip would suit us both but we soon found that Rob and the coaching team knew exactly where to take the different abilities no matter what the conditions. The coaching is top class with the team giving feedback whilst out in the surf but also back on the land as you session is reviewed by watching the video footage of yourself and others.
No matter what your ability Rob and the guys know exactly how to help you improve and the atmosphere in the water is always great. Sharing amazing waves with other bodyboarders is what this trip is all about and to surf Uluwatu, Lacerations and Canggu in the space of 2 weeks is the stuff of dreams!
A major advantage of doing this trip was that the stress and hassle of Indonesia was taken care of and all we had to do was concetrate on our surfing. The accommodation was really good and close to the breaks so we never missed a surf.
But the trip is all about the waves and they always deliver. Go on this trip and you'll experience an amazing culture which will stick with you long after you return, but more importantly, you'll hopefully get the barrel of your life!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I found the coaching sessions really helpful, with Rob and Sam in the water giving you advise and tips so you can make adjustments during your surf. The video footage taken is a great way to look back at your surfing and see what you do well and areas for improvement with Rob talking you through it (They even got my little barrel on film - cheers Sam! ha). Worth while if your a beginner or just looking to improve. Both Rob and Sam are really patient, knowledgable and more then happy to chat and answer questions. Very well run and organised.