Review Highlights
California Road Trip

Reviewed 5 days ago
EDEAdams
So helpful, fun and transformative!

Reviewed 1 week ago
WalkingMyth
El Cerrito, California
via mobile

All reviews coaching weekend rob barber his team video analysis local knowledge portugal trip great weekend nusa lembongan wedges short flight photos and videos skill level amazing trip great group of people body boarding friendly group these guys
Reviewed 5 days ago

My wife and I just returned from a week with Bodyboard Holidays on the “California Road Trip”. This was our first introduction to the sport. The trip was exceptionally well organized by Rob Barber and his crew. Rob’s excellent coaching was complimented by Jesse Kerr and Jamie Osborne. Jesse grew up in the area and consequently was well versed in the local breaks along the coast. Each evening the three of them would check developing conditions to determine our best potential for next morning. Jamie’s enthusiasm for bodyboarding was infectious and his high energy, fun loving personality contributed to the overall experience. All three conveyed a sincere interest in helping us to improve, while having fun. In addition to the “in the water” coaching, the post-session photo/video discussions were extremely useful to assessing what we were doing, right and wrong, and what to work on the following day. Both of us felt a dramatic improvement over the course of the week as a result.

I want to emphasize that this didn’t feel like were on a beginning bodyboarding tutorial class. More like a group of like-minded folks getting together to have some fun. Most of the other people on the trip were experienced in the sport and had been on multiple trips with BH in various locations. It works for everyone since logistics are taken care of and even those who were performing at a high skill level benefited from the discussions and tips. All-in-all we had a great experience and we’re already anticipating another trip to another locale.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

3 months ago I switched from long board surfing to body boarding. I've been going once a week fairly regularly so my muscles were pretty used to what was being asked of them. After 2 days off instruction, guidance and encouragement from Rob, Jamie and Jessie I am sore from head to toe! And what that tells me is I've been very effected by all I've learned...Position on my board, arm and hand placements for optimum effect getting into the wave and staying fully on it, perfect alignment with the wave peak and how to more effectively paddle into that position all have greatly transformed my body boarding experience and left me longing for a hot tub and massage. That's vivid testimony to how much this has changed me.
Thank you gentlemen and thanks also to the stellar group who were all so encouraging. I look forward to connecting again, improving my spin and one day getting airborne.
Mad chakas all round.
Signed,
Phantom Fin

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Fabulous fun! Rob, Jamie and Jesse took me from a full on newbie hardly able to make it out into the surf to someone who could get out there and hop on a wave! Brilliant adult instruction, fun and personable group and safety paramount each and every wave. All age groups represented with many different skill levels accommodated. Have to get on board for next trip!!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My first time on the Ireland Trip and would highly recommend it.
We had a great guide during the week who was able to find waves for all levels. The coaching was always on point with top tips for different maneuvers.
I even managed to overcome my fear of surfing reef breaks.
Highlights: surfing with dolphins on one of the beach breaks, meeting Shane Meehan and going to his restaurant "Stoked" in Strandhill, post-surf banter with all the lads on the trip, and when the sun came out :)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Another amazing trip, Portugal is just a short flight away but we had perfect warm weather and sunshine. These trips are excellent hence it being my 4th here. You are so well looked after by Mave, Thom and Francisco and his team also this year we were joined by João a great addition, a very skilled bodyboarder passionate about the sport and like Mave and Thom fantastic with advice and encouragement to help each guest get the most from this week of coaching and fun. Also needing mentioning is the crew you join up with they may be familiar faces from other trips of strangers but even if you're a lone traveller you'll have good friends by the end of the first evening who will also help make an incredible holiday of fun in and out if the water.
A great bodyboard holiday

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Another very successful trip with Bodyboard-Holidays! This was my second time abroad with them after Costa Rica in January 2018.

Matt was amazing again and his enthusiasm and knowledge really help to step your riding up to the next level. He was also joined by Thom and João, who both offered advice in the water and on the land at ways to improve my ability.

We surfed a variety of beaches over the week and the wave size varied in size to cater for the different abilities. At one of the breaks, we shared the waves with two previous World Champions, and it was pretty cool to see how the pros do it!

The Villa was really nice and a good place to unwind after a day of surfing. It has a heated pool, gardens to soak up the sun, and also a large TV which was used to review the day's footage and also watch some surf films to give some inspiration. Francisco was the Chef for the week and made some amazing dishes and put on a massive BBQ on the last night.

I am already look forward to the next trip!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came to Newquay this weekend after last weekend at Croyde was cancelled because of the storm.
What a lovely weekend! Sunshine, great surf, good company, photo feedback on technique and now the centre is located right on the beach so straight in and out of the water.
Every time we come we learn some more, improve our skills and have a lot of fun in the process thanks to Rob and his team of Luke, Joe and Gareth.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Yet another amazing weekend thanks to the team lots of much appreciated feedback and tuitoin.
Can't wait for the next coaching weekend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from another epic weekend of brilliant waves - we surfed 4 very different spots over the two days.

Great coaching as usual from the legendary Rob Barber and his team - roll on November !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely brilliant. Mixed class of beginners and more experienced people. Brendan was a brilliant coach and spent lots of time with the individuals and was very supportive throughout. Excellent feedback from photos and videos and a cracking evening at the Fistral Beach bar on the Saturday night. Brilliant photo package - even made me look better than I was. Thanks Brendan and Rene.