“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kahuna

Kahuna
Ranked #4 of 233 Restaurants in Newquay
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Kahuna is ran by husband & wife team Ryan & Kelly Mather. Informal dining in a tropical modern Asian setting. Thoughtfully created with holiday vibes in mind. Pan Asian inspired food packed full of flavours. Local & international drinks, spirits & carefully chosen wines to complement our menu. Grab a rare opportunity to taste the famous Cloudy bay Te Koko. Perfectly balanced to work in harmony with our flavours. Or Gewurtztraminer Verdelho, a mix of two grapes creating a beautifully smooth finishing wine. Sit back & relax while we take care if you. If you are in a rush please be sure to inform us & we will do our best to speed things up for you! Typically our freshly cooked dishes take around 20-30 mins to arrive at your table. Please book ahead to avoid didsapointment. Remember we can now take larger parties due to our bigger premises!
Reading, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Tiny little place, make sure you book!
Although it was tiny & full we didn't feel crowded or rushed. Lovely decor, very relaxing. Excellent, efficient and friendly service. What can I say about the food? It was SUPERB. I have never eaten better Pad Thai or spring rolls. Husband had beef curry and that was amazing too. Every night following that meal I wanted to go back and have it again.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank MrsMaryLewis

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Delicious good”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Ordered a take away from this restaurant whilst on holiday in Newquay
My daughter and husband had the Pad Thai which was very delicious and fresh. I had ribs and these were tender, delicious and the portion sizes were large
Definitely worth visiting or ordering from

1 Thank ayinkusus
london, england
“Great flavours”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Definitely a cut above your usual Thai restaurant. Recommended by a local. My boyfriend was ill and couldn't join me, so I went along on my own where they made me feel very welcome despite the loss of business. The food was very flavoursome but fairly hot, so you might like to check before ordering - I finished with a serving of vanilla ice cream to quell the heat. I had the squid salad to start - beautifully presented - and then the tuna steak. They were fairly similar in texture and flavours, which was my own fault for not checking, but both were excellent. Only seven tables - we had to book two days in advance to get the time we wanted.

Manchester
“Ambience - amazing! Love the new refurb :)”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stumbled across this restaurant whilst visiting family back at Easter. Surprised to see a new refurb (as I didn't think it needed one) but totally adds to the atmosphere and experience. Visited again as the food was so good and I was not disappointed. Decided to try something different this time (although I had to resist the sticky ribs as they were my fave) and glad I did!! The tempura seafood Vietnamese salad was absolutely to die for. Beautifully cooked and presented beautifully. I HAD to have a pudding and went for the chocolate cheesecake with ginger ice cream - it was heaven :)

This restaurant is tucked away but really worth the visit! I'm lucky that family have visited and raved about this restaurant. Anyone visiting newquay should definitely try this restaurant out! Amazing food, presented well and good value for money. The new refurb is lovely and really added to my dining experience! Food was fresh and hot (I've got a bugbear about cold/warm food being served) - fantastic flavours that didn't disappoint!

Keep up the good work guys!

My only negative is that I couldn't pick this restaurant and bring it back to Manchester with me :(

2 Thank Manc84
Newquay
“Fantastic new menu. Fantastic food!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Went for the new menu last night, as it is always a pleasure to see the tantalising ideas Little Kahuna come up with for their menu additions. The seafood laksa is amazing and I would recommend you try this. My favourite (I love desserts) though, is the coconut crème brulee which was delicious. As always, service was excellent with nothing too much trouble. This is a gem of a restaurant which you must visit when you are in Newquay.