“Birthday meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kahuna

Kahuna
Ranked #4 of 233 Restaurants in Newquay
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Kahuna is ran by husband & wife team Ryan & Kelly Mather. Informal dining in a tropical modern Asian setting. Thoughtfully created with holiday vibes in mind. Pan Asian inspired food packed full of flavours. Local & international drinks, spirits & carefully chosen wines to complement our menu. Grab a rare opportunity to taste the famous Cloudy bay Te Koko. Perfectly balanced to work in harmony with our flavours. Or Gewurtztraminer Verdelho, a mix of two grapes creating a beautifully smooth finishing wine. Sit back & relax while we take care if you. If you are in a rush please be sure to inform us & we will do our best to speed things up for you! Typically our freshly cooked dishes take around 20-30 mins to arrive at your table. Please book ahead to avoid didsapointment. Remember we can now take larger parties due to our bigger premises!
“Birthday meal”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I was taken to little Kahuna last night. I cannot believe such a small place produces such fantastic food, this place is amazing! A breath of fresh air that Newquay can be very proud of. Will be going Back without doubt.

2 Thank Jon1ev

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Fresh fish, lovely service, a brilliant meal. One of the best we have ever had. Only drawback is that we live in London and can't go more often!

1 Thank Juan90
Bath, United Kingdom
“A fine little restaurant”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Excellent meal, fully lived up to expectations. Interesting combinations of flavours, and very tasty.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank John B
“meal with sons”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

we went to this restaurant after my son had booked this, I was very anxious because he told me how small it was, we were allocated a table, one of the 8, the food was fantastic absolutely gorgeous, I had ribs and they were to die for, after a starter of duck spring rolls, and side salad I was too full for a dessert as were the boys. I have never known our eldest son have trouble finishing a meal, but he did there.
The atmosphere was friendly, not too noisy, not until a party of 8 came in, and they were quite noisy but that was at the end of our meal so it wasn't a problem.
It is somewhere I will definitely be returning to, I have already promised my husband a meal there.

2 Thank Karen S
Godalming, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We went to Little Kahuna as we read the reviews and thought we just have to try this little restaurant as the reviews were so good. We traveled 250 miles to test it out.
I must say that we were not disappointed, we were greeted as we entered the door with a cheery hello and taken to our table, one of only 5 so we advise you book in busy times.
The food is so nicely cooked we can only describe it as perfect, the scallops were cooked just perfect and melted in the mouth, and the red thai curry for main was to die for, we followed up with creme brulee, again it was perfectly done.
The service was perfect all the staff being very nice and polite, what more could you ask for?
Thanks to Alisha,Kelly,Ryan and Arron for a lovely evening and a beautiful meal.

1 Thank michael s