“Looking tired...”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Now don't get me wrong I have been to walkabout on many occasions for birthdays, leaving do's, open mic nights, cinema nights, arsenal matches etc, all those occasions were lovely & memorable but today the place felt different, like it's given up. We came in for lunch - the food was lovely although the garlic bread wasn't very garlicky, pulled pork sliders were nice. The girl behind the bar who served us was a bit rude & huffy & acted like she just couldn't be bothered, I ordered my food with her & attempted to engage in conversation but she couldn't be bothered with that either - real nice customer service! No thank you when I paid she just thrust my change in my hand & walked off. Charming. It was quiet & we waited quite a while for food but it was nice once it arrived. The table was sticky & considering there were a fair few staff on service was slow & sticky tables aren't acceptable. We went downstairs to the balcony & the bar downstairs just looks dilapidated, the whole place takes a battering from tourism every year but it's never had any work done to maintain it - it's starting to look very old & tatty which is a shame. We will go back for football games & hope for better service.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Words fail to describe the wait we had for the food, not too mention the food quality, along with the dirt and customer services of this place. BUT the very poor manners, of the young, uneducated lady that served us, topped all of these! I was very, very surprised by the overall experience, as we had heard Walkabout was a quality place to go. However it is now abundantly clear, that Walkabout is all about cheap food and drink for the younger customers, at the expense of its family orientated clientele. So if you want a long wait, poor quality food, dirty cutlery, poor service and a waitress more interested in being on the beach, then this is the place for you.

2  Thank David M
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Came here for food with family and friends and wish we hadn't bothered. Waited over an hour for food that was bland. A group came in and ordered at least 15 minutes after us, had there food and left before we got ours.
The waitress was incredibly rude,unhelpful and didn't care less when we complained. The only good thing about this place is the view. Would not recommend to anyone.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a family meal whilst on holiday. We're familiar with the chain and thought it would be nice. The food took an hour to reach us, after being told it would be about 15 minutes. Upon receiving our meals, our child's starter of humous and flatbread, the bread was deep fried to the point of it being brittle. The waitress was incredibly rude about the whole thing. After speaking with the manager I got a refund but I would not eat here again, nor would I recommend it.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Friendly atmosphere with plenty of sport on tv. Cheap drinks and good music. Even had a live band. Great for a night out as starts off as a pub with food and turns into a club with a click of the fingers!