“Hidden Gem!”

Ohana
Ranked #81 of 253 Restaurants in Newquay
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Newquays newest cafe/Restaurant with possibly the best view in town! Open all day everyday for great food and superb coffee.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stumbled across this place near our hotel, and I remembered seeing it on TripAdvisor. What a great decision to eat here! There are new in town, and yet to get a liquor license, so you can bring your own bottle of wine (purchased around the corner). Great ambiance from the patio, and water views, Lots of unique entrees and many vegetarian and vegan options! I almost went back the very next day for every meal! They appear to be open for all 3 meals, and have a nice coffee bar. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food here is lovely and the staff are friendly but oh dear the food takes so long time to arrive and it wasn't even busy! Went once for lunch and then again in the evening so don't think it was a one off. Think they may be a little too laid back to run a restuarant and dread to think how they would cope if it was busy. Perhaps they need to be 'Gordon Ramsied' to get things moving ... if they could speed things up a bit would be fab!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The waitress was very pleasant but the wait for the food was long and when it arrived it was not very exciting, the burger was over cooked and dry. Think we might have picked a night when the Chef was off - maybe try again another time.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Food was amazing! Loved the fact you bring your own alcohol so you can drink what you prefer! Service the young girl was lovely very polite chatty! Made you feel welcome definitely would recommend to anyone staying in newquay! And will return.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My brother, his wife, 2 daughters, 1 baby, my wife and my son and I visited Ohana yesterday for lunch - it was sensational.

The young lady who welcomed us was very friendly and attentive. We originally sat outside where there are tremendous views of the Newquay coastline, but it turned a little chilly so we headed inside.

There is a great vibe at Ohana, the menus are a little different being that they are on a clipboard with the first page introducing Ohana and what they aim to deliver.

I ordered a latte which was REALLY good. Much better than any of the commercial stuff you get at your chain stores, and much better than I expected!

My wife and I has Croque Ohana which is basically a cheese ham and tomato toasty.. It was THE BEST toasty I've ever had, and my wife agreed. The bread was thick, fresh and filled very generously with ham and cheese.

My brother had something completely different - Mussels which he said was very good too. His wife had a salad which she said was delicious.

The kids meals were all great portions and not your usual school dinner stuff kids seem to get.

The entire meal worked out to be outstanding value. I actually thought they had made a mistake which I was looking to rectify because the experience was that good. But after working it out, it was simply just great value all around.

I cannot recommend Ohana enough!