“great weekend!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Surf Club Cornwall

The Surf Club Cornwall
More attraction details
Owner description: Specialising in private surf lessons one-on-one, or with small groups and families. All instructors are experienced surfers and instructors, and our beach is the best in the area, being both quiet and consistent. We are open all year round and offer 3 lessons per day where daylight permits. Age 6-100 and all abilities welcome.
London, England, United Kingdom
“great weekend!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

a great weekend of surfing - professional instructors, friendly atmosphere and an amazing location - I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to surf in cornwall from beginners to advanced they have something for you

Visited June 2013

“"Absolutely Brilliant!!" - my 10 year old son, the first time surfer.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

What a brilliant session with Nick and the guys. My son and I have never surfed before, he's 10 and an average swimmer but very confident. I had some concerns naturally because my boy isn't familiar with the sea but Nick and his team are pro's in every respect. The instruction was great and having 2 qualified life guards who knows the ocean looking after my boy and I, allowed me to get on with it and just enjoy watching his total enjoyment of the experience. He can't stop talking about it.

I was expecting him to be put off by the rainy wet weather but when you're in your wetsuit and in the sea it makes no difference. Surfing is not reserved for sunny days.

So if you've traveled to Cornwall and are caught out by the fickle weather and are looking for a quality day out with or without your kids, no matter what the weather, get down and get surfing at The Surf Club Cornwall @ Mawgan Porth.

Visited June 2013
South West
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Worth every penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Brilliant!

Great instructors, superb location and amazing value for money.

Highly recommended, we will be back for more!

Visited May 2013
Poole
“Winter Surf - Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I visited the Surf Club at Mawgan Porth early February 2013. It was stunningly beautiful, one of the best beaches down in Cornwall in my opinion, that little bit more secluded and special than the bigger beaches of Newquay. I'd been surfing on holiday a few years previously and was keen to get back in the water, but wasn't really sure what I was doing at all. Nick was so patient and went through all the basics again with me without making me feel stupid. We started off with a warm-up on the beach, and then discussed what I could remember of surfing technique, and what I had found difficult previously, with Nick giving me some great tips to change what I had found hard before. Once out in the water, he pulled me in to a number of waves as I was finding it hard to catch them so I could get a feel for it, and then he kept giving me pointers to improve my technique. And amazingly all of his suggestions had results, and I was standing by the end of the session. Not only did he teach me how to surf, but I had so much fun too, and in such a beautiful setting too, what more could anyone want?! I can't recommend this enough!

Visited February 2013
Yorkshire
“Fantastic Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Nick is a fantastic teacher - the whole family had a great time and learned how to surf! We enjoyed it so much we went back again! Many thanks.

Visited June 2012